Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Looking for the nicest coin I can get for $30

This coming Saturday is my 30th birthday. I've decided to buy myself a present. I normally don't go over $20 on a single coin...but I'll go a different route this time. Figure this might be an interesting way to add something nice.

I collect literally everything, so...show me what you have, please image

I do have a favoring of ancients but I really do collect everything.
Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History

Comments

• Off of eBay via paypal gift, I'll let you have this for $30 shipped

Philip II of Macedon Bronze Unit (Alexander the Great's Father, but a great man in his own right)
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    rwyarmch, Thank you but I'll have to pass on that. I have one of them that's so far gone it's not even recognizable, but I've got to go with one (or more?) of the ancients offered to me. Thanks!
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Wish I'd seen this sooner, especially after our nice little bonding moment over DC comics. Let me know when you turn 31 image

imageimageimageimageimage
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Birthday's not until Saturday, so you are good image Thanks!
    Well in that case, here are some items for $30 or less ...

South Africa … 1954 … 6D … PR66 … PCGS … $26 … incredible value @ 3,150 mintage! and 2nd-highest graded

New Zealand … 1965 … 3D … PL65 … PCGS … $16 … great value @ 25,000 mintage

Canada … 1968 … S 10¢ … MS64 … NGC … $15

Guatemala …1895 … 1/4R … AU Details … NGC … $16
    Guatemala… 1901H … 1/4R … AU Details … NGC … $16
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit-withdrawing my previous offer, as I didn't hear from you.

However, the main item in that offer was a nice 1st Century Judaean coin, which is still available. I will try to scan some pictures of it.

Hope you had a good birthday, Billy.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    Well, Lord M does propose an enticing offer. However I believe the title was "the nicest coin I can get for $30" not the most ... but the man of the hour says he favors ancients! What ever will he do?! image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    $30 delivered (cash, check, or MO)

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hopes that this could start a 30 Dollar Bargain Bin Thread image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby

<< <i>Well, Lord M does propose an enticing offer. However I believe the title was "the nicest coin I can get for $30" not the most ... but the man of the hour says he favors ancients! What ever will he do?! image

image >>

Well, Nessie, if you'd read my original post, you'd have seen that I was indeed offering ONE nice coin worth at least thirty bucks, and an ancient at that.

The fact that I was ALSO offering an ADDITIONAL thirty coins worth a total of $30-150 as a gift is irrelevant to anyone but Billy and I.

It was a very generous offer.

So much so that I now think I will withdraw it after not hearing back from Billy. Mostly because it would have taken me almost an hour to put the lot together.

Not that I won't still sell Billy that Judaean coin, once I scan some pix of it, and add a nice freebie or two.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>Either penny token-$30. Both are browner than the images suggest. >>

I'd gladly take the 1850 off your hands. image PS: Billy, it's a good deal at $30.

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

Thank you for the offers everyone- I saw some very nice things that I would like to have but don't have the funds for, and I found a couple I did have the funds for and will be on their way to me shortly. I will be sending a PM to those whose deals I'm going to take, and thank you for the offer on those I don't.

I did have a good birthday- mostly - but I still don't have the stamina I once did before I almost died last year, and dealing with my mom's continuing health problems- some of which reared up on my actual birthday- (we very nearly spent it in the emergency room) it took a lot out of me and I haven't been able to get on here sooner.
    I will just GIVE him that Judaean coin.

Then whether he wants to buy "30 for $30" from me later, or use it for one of y'all's fine offerings, his 30 bucks can be put to use elsewhere.

I kind of like Steve27's Severus Alexander denarius. That's a common emperor, but anytime one can buy decent ancient silver for $30 or less, it's tempting.

Then again, Nessie's South African sixpence sounds pretty nice, too.