Home Metal Detecting

Walnuts and eyeball coin finds

Walnut season is here again and that means that metal detecting will slow down. As I am picking up walnuts in driveways and alleys and so forth I will generally find a few coins along the way. This year I thought that I would keep track of those finds. So far I've found a quarter, nickel and 8 pennies. I also found a clear glass marble with bubbles in the middle with a diameter of about and inch and a half. The Walnut crop will not be a big as last year but I get what I can. No Craftsman screwdrivers yet.

Comments

• I harvested a couple hundred pounds of walnuts 2 weeks ago. Dried in my shed. Now its time for crackin.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I found a 1963 silver Roosie in the reject bin of a local Coinstar a few weeks ago. There were no walnuts in there, however image.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing like busting some nuts after they been dried image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find on the marble......would like to see it... How do you dry the walnuts?? Cheers, RickO
  • I put all the nuts in a big laundry basket, the kind with the holes. Put it in my shed and have a fan blow warm air on them. Worked good, they're crunchy and flavorful. Me and my wife crack the nuts while watching tv. Living in Silicon Valley, people have forgotten, that this was once a center of agriculture. Few people even know what a walnut tree looks like. We have black and English walnuts everywhere. Free food everywhere from abandoned orchards.
    This is treasure to me. It's like harvesting money from an ancient tree. Ill coat them with chocolate and give them away for Christmas.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate walnuts. image

Coins, though, I kinda like those. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • There's definatly something wrong with you
    Don't like pecans, either, which is downrighf unpatriotic for someone from south Georgia.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Oh he'll, your talkin crazy now!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was picking up Walnuts in a corn field yesterday and found an old rusty tape measure. The name on it was Craftsman. So when I get around to it I'll take it to Sears and get it replaced with a new one.image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    PPC, will they replace any craftsman tool?
    They have replaced all of the screwdrivers that I've taken in so far and that is 10+.
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    How do you not like walnuts or pecans LM???????
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I'm with LMon this one. Hate Walnuts and Pecans. 😝
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PPC, will they replace any craftsman tool? >>

Hand tools only. Not power tools. The hand tools have a lifetime warranty no questions asked. You walk into any Sears, grab the new one off the shelf, answer 1-2 basic questions that may or may not include "what is your name" and you're out the door. Most recently I had a screw driver that they no longer sell (believe it or not, they regularly find ways to release "new" models of screw drivers). Anyway they didn't have the exact model number I brought in, so I got to choose my favorite from amongst the store's collection within a comparable price range (give or take $1).

Power tools are a totally different story. If your Craftsman power tool breaks, you may be SOL.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

<< <i>How do you not like walnuts or pecans LM??????? >>

They just have a funky, sharp taste to me.

It's a moot point since I lost all my upper teeth, anyway. I can't really eat any kind of crunchy nut now.

I miss peanuts. And those Smokehouse almonds.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How do you not like walnuts or pecans LM??????? >>

They just have a funky, sharp taste to me.

It's a moot point since I lost all my upper teeth, anyway. I can't really eat any kind of crunchy nut now.

I miss peanuts. And those Smokehouse almonds. >>

I have that. It developed over time. When I was a kid, I liked walnuts. Now they are burny feeling.
    Probably a slight developed allergy.

I ....DUZ..... like pee-kanz though. image
    Walnuts have a silver lining.image
    I took the rusty, dirt encrusted, Craftsman tape measure to Sears today. They said that Craftsman doesn't make tape measures anymore. Would I settle for a 16 ft. Stanley tape measure. I now have a new tape measure.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I took the rusty, dirt encrusted, Craftsman tape measure to Sears today. They said that Craftsman doesn't make tape measures anymore. Would I settle for a 16 ft. Stanley tape measure. I now have a new tape measure. >>

Nice to hear they still honored the agreement.