Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WANTED: 1838-C Half Eagle

I am looking for an 1838-C half eagle in a grade ranging from EF-45 to AU-58. I will consider an EF-40 if the coin is 100% original, has decent eye appeal and not scratched up. I am looking for a coin that qualifies as an "B" or "A" coin for the grade. I not looking for a cleaned, over graded, scratched up or ugly coin because I have seen and rejected many of those pieces. I prefer PCGS although I will consider an NGC coin if it is graded properly. I will pay a price based upon the "Coin Facts" guide depending upon how nice the coin is. Here are the "Coin Facts" prices:

EF-40 $8,500
EF-45 $9,500
AU-50 $13,500
AU-53 $13,500
AU-55 $22,500
AU-58 $27,500

Avoid the auction houses with their 17.5% buyers' fees that lower the hammer price AND the amount YOU are paid at the end of the transaction. Avoid the wait to get paid. I will pay quick cash for the right coin.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?