Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Charles III of Spain 1/2 Escudo Coin - Any insights?

Hello All,

I took an interest in Charles III when I visited Spain this past summer. A good example of a ruler who really tried to do what was best for the people currently and for future generations. He avoided wars and funded education. His statue is not only in Madrid, but also in Los Angeles since he was King of Spain when the city was found in 1781.

I recently saw this coin on ebay, but do not know too much about coins of this era. What is a reasonable top value for this coin?

Link to King Charles III of Spain coin
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Hello Germanspirit ,

Nothing showing up on my screen ?
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Andres,

Sorry, I forgot the link. I edited the original post to ensure it is there now.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't love it.

Dave Wnuck has a very nice 1776 1/2E for sale that I'd consider if I was in the market for a Carlos III 1/2E.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Who is Dave Wnuck?

What is a good range these go for and what is wrong with the one I liked at the auction?

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.