Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver eagles from apmex question!

If a person were to buy 2014 silver eagles in multiples of 20 they are packaged in mint tubes. That price as I look at it right now would be $432.20. Or they sell a 2014 20 coin "mint direct premier" tube for $442.20. Why is there a $10 difference between the two if they are the same thing or are they not the same thing?
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING WWII HAWAII NOTES.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherrypicked vs not.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

This ebay seller has a listing for rolls of 2014's and its in the US coins >other category

439 a roll but 10% bucks are on for some today
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not worth the premium unless you plan on submitting for possible 70s. APMEX submits and sells these coins graded, so they obviously look through some of their tubes.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If a person were to buy 2014 silver eagles in multiples of 20 they are packaged in mint tubes. That price as I look at it right now would be $432.20. Or they sell a 2014 20 coin "mint direct premier" tube for $442.20. Why is there a $10 difference between the two if they are the same thing or are they not the same thing? >>

The Mint Direct are guaranteed not to have been opened by APMEX. They are sealed in tamper-evident packaging. The other tubes may or may not have been opened. Why would you buy from APMEX when there are cheaper sources, esp. if you are buying 5 or more rolls?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If a person were to buy 2014 silver eagles in multiples of 20 they are packaged in mint tubes >>

If buying from APMEX....the answer is YES. They are in US Mint tubes.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten an order of 20 from a bullion supplier that wasn't in a mint tube.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with comments above and must say those prices seem very high. I was able to find a 2013 and 2014 rolls for just over $400 and that was $2.59 over spot per ounce.

$432.20 + shipping? That's high at $17.50 silver.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up a few box fresh tubes on ebay for $390.43 ea. after the 10% ebay bucks 2-day promo and the regular 1% Mr. Rebates. Works out to 2.03 over current spot. Received two earlier in the week from the same buyer and was pleased with the quality.

Looks like he has five tubes remaining

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    I've been picking up past date original monster box rolls at around 460-ish from folks I have bought from before. My only question is why did they not sell these 98-99-90-91 rolls when silver was 40ish?????????? If I don't see the profit from them at least my grandson will be happy......

Keep stacking

Tom