Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

will psa grade this card?

even just as "authentic". know it's severely mc, but kinda why I like it. gives the 71 run a entire new look.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, Poor 1. Probably also with a qualifier.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    cant see why not. I like the Red Sox on the bottom.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, Poor 1. Probably also with a qualifier. >>

what if I marked the sub form with "no qualifiers"?

a 1 or just an "a"...I'm happy with either, just hate qualifiers....

and fyi: it's billy conigliaro that's the red sox player on it.
  • Options
    I think so based on this card:

eBay PSA 4 (MC)

I think it would either grade as "AUTHENTIC" or as a PSA 2 (MC) or PSA 3 (MC). It doesn't appear in PSA 1 condition to me. I don't think they will allow it to be encapsulated without the qualifier. They don't necessarily keep the qualifier off even if you ask for it. I think this card is definitely deserving of the qualifier.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    and this card is not yet on eBay being advertised as INCREDIBLY RARE with an insane price tag, why?
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think they will allow it to be encapsulated without the qualifier. They don't necessarily keep the qualifier off even if you ask for it. I think this card is definitely deserving of the qualifier.

Kevin >>

yes it is most deserving of the mc, however I did not know that if you request "no qualifiers" that they could still put it on there. hence the word "request", I guess....
  • Options

<< <i>and this card is not yet on eBay being advertised as INCREDIBLY RARE with an insane price tag, why? >>

because I'm not fond of the new 180 right to return policy!

"what do you mean, the card isn't as described" ; )
  • Options
    It has always been my understanding that they will honor the request if they can. If, however, a card appears severe enough to definitely warrant the qualifier, I think they would add it regardless of the request. I could be wrong though but my money would be on them adding the qualifier.

This is how I would likely grade it if I were them. Although in this case I think I would insist on the qualifier.

With qualifier:
    PSA 2 (MC) or PSA 3 (MC)

Without qualifier (drop grade 1-2 points):
    PSA 1

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>and this card is not yet on eBay being advertised as INCREDIBLY RARE with an insane price tag, why? >>

because I'm not fond of the new 180 right to return policy!

"what do you mean, the card isn't as described" ; ) >>

oh yeah. that. image
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    I'd be happy with all, really. but if I could make a request, I would go w/ the straight psa 1.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be happy with all, really. but if I could make a request, I would go w/ the straight psa 1. >>

They won't honor requests in situations where the qualifier is obvious.

Example: card has significant writing on the back. It will get a MK qualifier, even if you request no.

I am not sure about this case - but the MC is pretty clear.
  • Options
    Also, it is a Poor 1 to begin with. People saying it would grade a PSA 3 if it wasn't MC are being too generous.
  • Options

<< <i>Also, it is a Poor 1 to begin with. People saying it would grade a PSA 3 if it wasn't MC are being too generous. >>

Totally agree.
  • Options
    agree myself.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    PSA PR 1 (MC).
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could'nt help but notice the irony in the card. Rose eventually played the Sox in the World Series. Coincidence or mystical workings within that cardboard.image
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I would request the AUTHENTIC grade, it would avoid the qualifiers you don't want but also would present better imo. That's a neat card.
  • Options
    yep. exactly what I did, yesterday. it's off to see the wizard....will update in 20 biz days.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice Pete Conigliaro! >>

hah! You really know your Topps sequences. I have this uncut sheet.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    just as requested...one of my favorite cards!

nullimage
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    good serial number if you ever decide to play PSA Poker.
  • Options
    Haha that card is awesome
  • Options
    it's no tippett karate card, but i'll take it! ; )
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool card!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what the hobby is all about. Nicely done!
    Daniel