Home Precious Metals
Options

Good time for specialty items

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Good bargaining time for specialty items when the price is lower or you like to bargain. If you can find those that need the money its a good time.
I keep asking the pawn shop for poured 10oz englehard bars. Good time for slabbed or specific coins.
COA

Comments

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    My local pawn shop that actually has coins/bullion (most do not) currently wants $18.00 x face on 90% and $27 for raw ASE's and $25 for beat up Dollars and $40 for AU 1921 Morgans.
    Several times I have made an offer to "take it all" for what are current market prices (whatever they are at the time) and get shot down.
    Then I promptly say to them, 'well, I know this stuff with all be here next time and we'll see then if you're willing to sell." The punk kid behind the counter, who is the owners son, who is already in FL for the Winter (It's still Summer) says, "he's unlikely to change his prices."
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once bargained for five years on a chess set a local shop in the mall in Seattle had.....each year offered the same price (half of ask) and each year the answer was no. The fifth year, after another explanation of inventory carrying costs, he said yes. Still have that set. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My local pawn shop that actually has coins/bullion (most do not) currently wants $18.00 x face on 90% and $27 for raw ASE's and $25 for beat up Dollars and $40 for AU 1921 Morgans.
    Several times I have made an offer to "take it all" for what are current market prices (whatever they are at the time) and get shot down.
    Then I promptly say to them, 'well, I know this stuff with all be here next time and we'll see then if you're willing to sell." The punk kid behind the counter, who is the owners son, who is already in FL for the Winter (It's still Summer) says, "he's unlikely to change his prices." >>

I would be suspicious of anyone that goes to Florida in the summer just on general principles. image