Home Precious Metals
Options

Ok, it keeps going down. Officially state your buy point here for the record

Guess I said it in the title. Mine has been now and still going when I find a good deal. With due respect, Forget about the falling knife, buying on the upswing, and the chart analysis, because non of that or the other theories, seems to have held water over the last 3 years. You can't possibly know or predict how all the variables will dictate what's coming. I think we pretty much passed everyone's previous buy point from the last several years. Let the debate begin, but your first line has to be your stated buy points.
COA

Comments

• Options
    $700. Just watching it drop and thankful I own one gold coin and no silver. Keep going image
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After dumping money in the wifes car. Im just a spectator for now. Not that I was in the market to buy, Im still waiting for $15, but will pick up some pieces if the right opportunity knocks.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when ASEs hit $400 a roll. Mite buy some gold under $1150.
  • Options
    Right now I'm thinking I will buy some silver at $16.00 but it depends on how we get there.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

Always buying. Unfortunately.image
  • Options
    I would buy some at $1100 & $16
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be buying just about now. Doing my diligence.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I must confess that i am a bit surprised by the fall in gold and silver. I am wondering how the mining companies are reacting to this and whether they will shut down or suspend operations at some point. If that happens what happens to silver supplies and how long before we see the effect of that. I do think we touch $15 an ounce.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    $14 silver is my almost all in point. I don't buy enough gold to matter.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I am still buying little here and there for the long run, I can't stay away of PM...image
    Though, I won't go heavy until Silver reaches $14-15 and Gold $1050-1100.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the chart analysis, because non of that or the other theories, seems to have held water over the last 3 years.

It hasnt? LOL I guess you've been looking at the charts posted by the PM pushers.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> the chart analysis, because non of that or the other theories, seems to have held water over the last 3 years.

It hasnt? LOL I guess you've been looking at the charts posted by the PM pushers. >>

The warnings are well documented.

I'll go with the so called "PM manipulators" prediction from late last year or early this year.

Gold..........$1100
    Silver.........$16
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Been buying silver at under $20.00. Take care. jws
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when it shows upward strength

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Au $1170 approximate triple bottom
    Ag not interested
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Every 10% down add another 3-5% to holdings. Base on last purchase, my next 'add to' purchase would be around $17.45 on silver.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buy point is about where I slowed and then stopped buying when it went above it. 90% of my PM purchases were below $1000 gold and $15 silver

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    16.50 silver is where i start getting serious about it. SVM at 1.35 too.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime is a good time to buy silver.

I'd rather have an ounce of silver in my hand instead of a $20 paper bill.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    $12 silver
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd rather have an ounce of silver in my hand instead of a $20 paper bill. >>

And I'd rather have 1.2. image
  • Options

<< <i>Anytime is a good time to buy silver.

I'd rather have an ounce of silver in my hand instead of a $20 paper bill. >>

I'll take you up on that....You can have ten of my generic 1 oz buffalo rounds for 10 of your $20 bills.
    PM me for detailsimage
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Lets see? China and Russia are buying gold at a rate greater than the total world production, India is buying as much gold as it can get. The COMEX has now sold/leased 100 onces of gold for each single once it has claimed to posses. LBMA in out of gold, or in a state of backwardation. Fort Knox is empty.
    Conclusion: Gold is worthless only fereral reserve notes have value (sarcasm).
    Keep the petro-dollar allive or we will bomb you, we might bomb you anyway as it's just good business!

Silver: $100/oz by sept 2015
    Gold: $3500/oz by sept 2015
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>when it shows upward strength >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anytime is a good time to buy silver.

I'd rather have an ounce of silver in my hand instead of a $20 paper bill. >>

I'll take you up on that....You can have ten of my generic 1 oz buffalo rounds for 10 of your $20 bills.
    PM me for detailsimage >>

Bet he don't trade.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets see? China and Russia are buying gold at a rate greater than the total world production, India is buying as much gold as it can get. The COMEX has now sold/leased 100 onces of gold for each single once it has claimed to posses. LBMA in out of gold, or in a state of backwardation. Fort Knox is empty.
    Conclusion: Gold is worthless only fereral reserve notes have value (sarcasm).
    Keep the petro-dollar allive or we will bomb you, we might bomb you anyway as it's just good business!

Silver: $100/oz by sept 2015
    Gold: $3500/oz by sept 2015 >>

Does anyone in this Government [other than the Mint] buy gold?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$12 silver >>

There's a very good chance that a few of you guys may never buy silver again.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When/if silver reached $15, $1000 for gold, it would certainly start to raise my interest but I wouldn't likely buy a large quantity.

Now I might be compelled to buy more significant ounces at $12 silver and $800 gold, though I don't think I'll see those levels again, or certainly not anytime soon.

I did buy 5 ounces today just for fun.

JC
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take a position in the GLD when spot hits $995.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Looks interesting right here, right now from a trading point of view for paper products. I may take a few more shots on the long side. I can't remember this forum ever being so standoffish to bearish.

For physical stackers, it still feels too early. There is no need to hurry. Any rally is likely to be so small that it would be tough for anyone except a dealer to profit much from the swing. It is worth repeating what I've been writing for a year or more: averaging down into a major bear market is the road to the poor house. This is clearly Ursa Major for silver and getting there for gold. A 50% decline from peak is a major bear, so gold $950 would make it a major bear. Silver is already past there passing $22 on the downside.

My timing isn't fantastic. I last added to my physical piles in a meaningful way at silver $30 as it was going down, and gold at $1350 while it was still going up. I wish I was as nimble or as prescient as some on this forum claim to be. I didn't sell any of my physical near the highs. It may be a long wait until those price peaks are exceeded.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all given our guesstimates, but what about timing? I'm thinking there's still a long grinding bottom to come....2015-2016.
  • Options

<< <i>We've all given our guesstimates, but what about timing? I'm thinking there's still a long grinding bottom to come....2015-2016. >>

But there likely will be some rallies along the way.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices right now are very tempting but when I buy lately it's been flipped pretty quickly.

When ASE rolls are at $380 I'll but a few to hold and that would be about $16 silver.

Au? If it falls under $1100 I'm long.
  • Options
    Always buying.

Hoping to grab a monster box sub $8k image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    been putting my $ into real estate
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>been putting my $ into moose-estate >>

• Options
    I've started to pay off the remaining chunks of the mortgage and I'm still accumulating cash. When there's "too much" cash, I buy some more gold or platinum and the momentary spot price is somewhat secondary. I've seen it rise and fall so many times that it really doesn't matter.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a "buy point", I'm watching the dollar and will resume buying PM's when the dollar begins to show sustained weakness. Right now the dollar is way too strong, and "safe haven" buying may make it stronger in the short term.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>I don't have a "buy point", I'm watching the dollar and will resume buying PM's when the dollar begins to show sustained weakness. Right now the dollar is way too strong, and "safe haven" buying may make it stronger in the short term. >>

Dollar's inverse relationship with gold makes it a good indicator of PM price movement. The US Dollar Index (USDX) is an index (or measure) of the value of the United States dollar relative to a basket of foreign currencies. It is a weighted geometric mean of the dollar's value compared only with a "basket" of 6 other major currencies which are:

Euro (EUR), 57.6% weight
    Japanese yen (JPY) 13.6% weight
    Pound sterling (GBP), 11.9% weight
    Canadian dollar (CAD), 9.1% weight
    Swedish krona (SEK), 4.2% weight
    Swiss franc (CHF) 3.6% weight

USDX goes up when the US dollar gains "strength" (value) when compared to the above currencies. Why is the dollar index currently strong?
    (1) continued economic uncertainty in Japan and throughout europe.
    (2) upcoming vote next week on Scottish independence. The increasing possibility of a yes vote is threatening the strength of the pound.

Note that a strong currency weakens it's host nation's exports which has a negative affect on employment. The FED says it is committed to improving US employment. If they are being truthful look for them to take steps to weaken the dollar. Keep in mind that the masters of the other six currencies also recognize the affect of currency strength on their respective export/employment situation, resulting in an ongoing "currency war" to remain weak.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have a "buy point", I'm watching the dollar and will resume buying PM's when the dollar begins to show sustained weakness. Right now the dollar is way too strong, and "safe haven" buying may make it stronger in the short term. >>

Dollar's inverse relationship with gold makes it a good indicator of PM price movement. The US Dollar Index (USDX) is an index (or measure) of the value of the United States dollar relative to a basket of foreign currencies. It is a weighted geometric mean of the dollar's value compared only with a "basket" of 6 other major currencies which are:

Euro (EUR), 57.6% weight
    Japanese yen (JPY) 13.6% weight
    Pound sterling (GBP), 11.9% weight
    Canadian dollar (CAD), 9.1% weight
    Swedish krona (SEK), 4.2% weight
    Swiss franc (CHF) 3.6% weight

USDX goes up when the US dollar gains "strength" (value) when compared to the above currencies. Why is the dollar index currently strong?
    (1) continued economic uncertainty in Japan and throughout europe.
    (2) upcoming vote next week on Scottish independence. The increasing possibility of a yes vote is threatening the strength of the pound.

Note that a strong currency weakens it's host nation's exports which has a negative affect on employment. The FED says it is committed to improving US employment. If they are being truthful look for them to take steps to weaken the dollar. Keep in mind that the masters of the other six currencies also recognize the affect of currency strength on their respective export/employment situation, resulting in an ongoing "currency war" to remain weak. >>

Good post.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Well, I almost bought some gold today, but I decided to give it another few days, just to see.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down is where the bear lies all winter long.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    What has the dollar value been floating around at? Still in the .80'ish range?

<< <i>

>>

COA
  • Options

<< <i>What has the dollar value been floating around at? Still in the .80'ish range? >>

• Options

<< <i>Well, I almost bought some gold today, but I decided to give it another few days, just to see. >>

Gold might break below the $1200 mark next week. You just saved yourself a few bucks by being patient. Personally I don't think that will be the bottom, but may be close to it. We shall see.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What has the dollar value been floating around at? Still in the .80'ish range?

<< <i>

>>

>>

And to think, in 2007 all the PM bulls said the dollar index was going to 50.

Funny thing is, that the PM bulls are incapable of recognizing, the US dollar may be in the beginning stages of a major bull market. It the PM bull just take a moment to clear their biased brains, they just may understand what I am writing about. JMSKI, remember I set the tents at the dollar bull camp about 4 years ago? image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will stop buying once Silver goes north of $22, until then Im accumulating at a lazy pace