Home Precious Metals

Stand up for Silver

Fight you little bugger, fight to keep your head above water. You're made up of so many pieces, nothing can stop you! $19 is the line in the sand. Don't cross it silver, hold on, we know you can. image
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    The fights out of our hands, and maybe out of Silver's hands. I think its in other's hands, that are thinking what's best for them, and not the silver holder. And I think that's been true for a long time.

You know what W.C. Fields said? I figure that's good to keep in mind in all PM holdings, purchases, and sells.

Its more a shot in the dark from our perspectives. A low is a buying op.

- I too Vote For Silver! I cheer it on as well! Silver and gold, hand in hand. Hold and advance.

COA
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know what W.C. Fields said? >>

What did he say? Or did you mean P. T. Barnum?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You know what W.C. Fields said? >>

What did he say? Or did you mean P. T. Barnum? >>

Are you referring to: PTB? "there is a sucker born every minute."
    In all fairness to Barnum, he never did say it, it was said by one of his competitors, David Hannum.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I meant in this case where W.C. said; Never give a sucker an even break...
    But the PTB one works just as well.

Meaning, they play with the numbers and we don't know why or can't predict what's coming.
    So, in a way, we are the suckers. To me, the pms can go up or down at any time, for no reason that I can
    predict or that I can see any of us doing reliably, so I consider it a crap shoot investment-wise.

For stacking, selling, or the extra security of gold or silver I buy. But for investment I buy or hold merely
    as a crap shoot.
    COA
    we are the suckers

for believing

they play with the numbers

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are at the bottom of the food chain. By the time we get out, the "big boys" are long gone with the profits.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's chart is how the silver price chart ought to look on most days. No manipulation so far today, in my opinion. I wish that I could save a screen shot of it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Whats different about todays chart than any other day?

I was hoping that someone would save a screen shot of it so that we could discuss it ad infinitum.image

I knew it would happen.
    I don't have a 1 min chart of silver but I do of SLV. You are probably more concerned with the trading in silver before the trading in slv begins at 9:30, correct?

You are probably more concerned with the trading in silver before the trading in slv begins at 9:30, correct?

No, I was just looking at the Kitco chart, which does include pre-9:30 trading, but the same activity looks like it has continued since 00 hrs.

I knew it would happen.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We are at the bottom of the food chain. By the time we get out, the "big boys" are long gone with the profits. >>

I would agree with you but many of us could have sold when silver was over $40 and we didn't.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Can I sit down now? It's not been doing anything...still in the bear hug, slow stochastic is buried for 7 weeks to the down side, and nothing happening anywhere to give it legs. So, can I sit down now, my feet are getting tired....
    Nevermind...
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "line has been crossed" .... "Another successful retreat?"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll just sit down in the basement and look for the floor.
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Anyone interested in silver might likr to hear this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1eOSUWUTfgA
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Sit down and relax...no sense cheering til there's something to cheer about. Silver is such a freaking dog! Definitely a love-hate relationship for me.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver is such a freaking dog! Definitely a love-hate relationship for me. >>

Bi polar?

"Who needs risk management when you’ve got guaranteed bailouts? - Jesse Felder

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭