Comments

• Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Nice original
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you're bringing it back home.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightly circulated with original skin. Unusual find in Europe as they love to clean coins.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How was it graded over there? The Brits would call it a "Good Very Fine." Will probably 40 here. Like the originality.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How was it graded over there? The Brits would call it a "Good Very Fine." Will probably 40 here. Like the originality. >>

Came from Switzerland, called AU which is kind of funny. I figured it for VF35. Paid up for the color and originality and to get some business flowing with the company who has access to nice original gold. Will visit them end of the month.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice crusty early Barber.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How was it graded over there? The Brits would call it a "Good Very Fine." Will probably 40 here. Like the originality. >>

Came from Switzerland, called AU which is kind of funny. I figured it for VF35. Paid up for the color and originality and to get some business flowing with the company who has access to nice original gold. Will visit them end of the month. >>

Not a huge stretch in the description as every circulated coin is Almost Uncirculated imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>Lightly circulated with original skin. Unusual find in Europe as they love to clean coins.

bobimage >>

I find the Brits to be the most aggressive cleaners, French and Swiss are better. Haven't been through Germany, Italy or Spain yet looking for coins. Mostly UK and Switzerland, next trip end of this month back through Geneva.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking again.....this is a very strong XF. The band under LIBERTY is unbroken and strong.

Nice Barber.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice looking coin. I agree with your assessment of a 35...just a little light on feather details but the obverse looks strong and it looks original.

Tom

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look nice and original with potential for some really good color esp on the reverse. great find!
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    I love it!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After looking again.....this is a very strong XF. The band under LIBERTY is unbroken and strong.

Nice Barber. >>

I like it for an xf45 as well. Nice original Barber!
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep patina! Id say VF35, not my series though.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no doubt it will look better than the pic when you get it. Nice pick up. Glad it's coming home!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF 45 I should think, though the reverse is a bit detracting. The cheek and face nice, relatively. Like the coin, and seem to recall seeing it in scrolling through one of those sales.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

<< <i>EF 45 I should think, though the reverse is a bit detracting. The cheek and face nice, relatively. Like the coin, and seem to recall seeing it in scrolling through one of those sales. >>

I actually thought that the reverse had the potential to be quite attractive.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photos appear to be excellent quality. I think you're going to like it upon arrival!

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the coin...sorry about the 2nd half vs. Oregon...that one had to hurt.

Erik
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats on the coin...sorry about the 2nd half vs. Oregon...that one had to hurt.

Erik >>

I live in Dublin so the one consolation I have is that I couldn't watch the game and therefore can only scream at the computer rather than subject my two year old to a plethora of new words, all of which he is sure to remember and repeat daily in the presence of his teachers.

The other consolation is the Michigan lost terribly to Notre Dame so I don't have to listen to half of the state trumpeting their team despite their only affiliation to the school being the jacket that they purchased at Wal-Mart. Ahh College Football rivalry.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats on the coin...sorry about the 2nd half vs. Oregon...that one had to hurt.

Erik >>

I live in Dublin so the one consolation I have is that I couldn't watch the game and therefore can only scream at the computer rather than subject my two year old to a plethora of new words, all of which he is sure to remember and repeat daily in the presence of his teachers.

The other consolation is the Michigan lost terribly to Notre Dame so I don't have to listen to half of the state trumpeting their team despite their only affiliation to the school being the jacket that they purchased at Wal-Mart. Ahh College Football rivalry. >>

You can't blame them, unlike State college it can be difficult to get accepted at UM image With the size of the campus at Ann Arbor there are plenty of people who can claim stronger allegiance to UM, only thing is they tend to come from new york/New Jersey image

Nice coin btw, hope the bridge it builds proves fruitful. Classic xf40
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After looking again.....this is a very strong XF. The band under LIBERTY is unbroken and strong.

Nice Barber. >>

Glad you showed it outside of the Barber Thread. What an excellent find considering where you were !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty nice patina on that one!
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I like it.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs an s mint mark .
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
  • Options
    BodinBodin Posts: 997 ✭✭✭
    Very good eye! Glad it made it home safe!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job and still a nice coin!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Beautiful Barber. I love seated liberty and barber coins but I collect Roosies. Go figure that one out.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my first impressions were confirmed. very nice, congrats!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what do I win for guessing the grade right?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file