Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great Collections auctions - 40+ days?? What's the advantage?

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
In cruising GC, there seems to be a lengthening of the auction days - 40 days for example in todays perusal.

My attention span isn't that long! image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I check that site out, I'm reminded that I must have alzheimer's. I keep trying to make the pictures larger before realizing what I've known before..........it's just not possible.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I noticed that today as well.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question - what is the advantage? We listed some coins earlier than usual due to marketing around four consignments. Sometimes in print we can't predict when the ads will hit exactly and if we are displaying the coins at a major show (like Long Beach this week), we want potential bidders to be able to bid immediately or add to their watchlist etc.

To make the pictures larger, click the arrows in the lower right. I've added the images below showing the before and after. If you wanted them larger than that, e-mail me directly and I'll send you the original raw file.

- Ian

Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't Heritage do the same thing with their whole "Coming soon!" crap? At least GC lets you bid on them from day one. >>

Heritage sometimes has them up months in advance which is great for planning bidding in other sales and terrible for long term blood pressure management.
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know - thanks!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Got 2 birds with one stone in this thread in short order, now what?? Solved to quickly, darn customer service.image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ian,

When I somehow figure out how to get the picture as large as what you have posted, I'll be fine with that. But I have clicked on the arrows and the picture is only the size of the first picture you posted. And I'm using FireFox.........Internet Exployer took a dive on me since the experimental period ran out, need a work around for that also.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    Nice quarter!
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have anything I am looking for. Easy website to use, though.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file