Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is really messed up

A few of you might remember that a few months ago, I bought a pair of 1968 Nolan Ryans graded 10 on a junk grader. I returned those and got the money back.

Today, I saw this from same seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-Sports-Card-Grading-Company-for-Sale-Website-Equipment-Cases-ETC-/111441507289?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19f26e73d9

REALLY messed up, right?

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get DPeck started where a guy can grade his own cards and sell them too.......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    I wonder which fine, ethical, and honest collector will be the high bidder on this auction. image
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Serious question - how much is that actual equipment worth? Not the entire expertise I will fly to your house and then convince ebay that this is legit part of it, just the equipment.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Thought I've seen everything...absolutely messed up is right.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I love it...

START GRADING TODAY!

rofl...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Let's get started right away image As he says, the "when's and hows are priceless"!

What was the name of the junk grading service, anyway?
  • Options
    very, very messed up
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    His junk company was ProChoice. You can change it to ProLife.
    A good welding machine runs between 15-25k.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. Now I've seen everything.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Unreal. At least we know who created that "PSA 10" SP Jeter.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say a few random questions to the seller on ebay would help. " would you take $31,500? and do free shipping?" Maybe throw in a line about for 10% of the company once I get started would you consult and take 10% off the price?

A few days later tell him that you will offer him $35,000 in Pro graded cards in trade for the equipment.

After that just offer crazy trades - 1988 Topps baseball case and a box of Popsicles in trade since it would be equal value.

This should be fun...
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    No offense but what did you expect. I'm surprised he wasn't using glue. image
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options

<< <i>Serious question - how much is that actual equipment worth? Not the entire expertise I will fly to your house and then convince ebay that this is legit part of it, just the equipment. >>

Looks like there are several Branson 2000 welders listed on ebay right now. You could probably get one for under $5K.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”