Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does this raw Clemente rookie look trimmed?

seller describes it as "miscut but has no creases"

Text
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a hack job!
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    But it is crease free
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But it is crease free >>

Any creases were trimmed right off. image
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    MC (Miscut):
    Cards that exhibit an atypical cut for the issue or ones that contain partial portions of more than one card will be designated "MC."

The card certainly exhibits "an atypical cut", with or without creases.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    The seller appears to be reputable. Perhaps he did not expect to be taken so literally since the cut is so obviously atrocious.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>But it is crease free >>

And quite frankly that's all you need right?
    Lol
    Looks my cat Rocky had a go at it with a straight razor
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MC (Miscut):
    Cards that exhibit an atypical cut for the issue or ones that contain partial portions of more than one card will be designated "MC."

The card certainly exhibits "an atypical cut", with or without creases. >>

It's not miscut - it's trimmed.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another benefit is the card probably fits in the post-1956 plastic sheet pockets.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not miscut - it's trimmed. >>

I know. I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would ANYONE pay $300.00 for this card????????????

A PSA 1 went for $256.00 it was creased up pretty bad but it was all there.

Maybe I shouldn't try to figure anything out on Clemente cards a PSA 8 went for $12,750.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573
    At least the centering is good now.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just surprises (amuses) me that the seller has been a dealer for over 10 years and just says the card was miscut.
    Daniel
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Come on people, don't you remember the 1955 Topps borderless test issue!! image
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    You dummies

It was Topps pre 1975 mini test issue
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Wow it's off just a little bit lol must have trimmed that with a butter knife.
  • Options
    reminds me a little of the time I bought a storage unit which had a binder of all Nolan Ryan cards in order by years. As I hurried past the 70's to the 60's, BINGO!, there was a 1968 Ryan rookie. Unfortunately, there was no Koosman. Somebody had cut the card in half, just keeping the Ryan!image