Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4X Ebay Bucks

I have been eyeing this in hopes that they would do a promo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261569999126

Hope the link works. Probably high compared to VCP but I like the centering.

Anybody else is free to post their pickups during the current promo ending tomorrow night...

Happy shopping.
Matt
Matt
Looking for post-war hof rc's, raw or graded.
Successful dealings: grote15, wilkiebaby11, BPorter26 and gregmo32.

Comments

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Woo..cool card! Mr. Tiger! I picked up a PSA 2 recently. Sadly, I never get these 4x ebay bucks offers.
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten a 4x offer in several months. Maybe I did something to anger eBay.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    In the email that was sent to me, it indicated that I received the promotional opportunity because "...your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive general email promotions. "

It's worth to verify if you have not already done so.
    Matt
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I am almost at my record for eBay bucks now with still a month to go. All these 4x promotions are killing my budget
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Sharp Kaline!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Ugh...did you buy it? It ended

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>In the email that was sent to me, it indicated that I received the promotional opportunity because "...your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive general email promotions. "
    It's worth to verify if you have not already done so. >>

THANKS for the info. Never received that promo and just saw that I did not have that box checked. Let's see if that changes things.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Ugh...did you buy it? It ended >>

Yes, I bought it immediately after seeing the 4X email. I have a few more for later tonight.

Matt
  • Options
    Davis/vintagefun - Thank you very much. He was my dad's favorite growing up.

Dboneesq - Happy to have helped.

addicted2ebay - This wiped out my budget but in light of the 8% cash back from Ebay and 1% cash back from AMEX, it's almost free. Wait a minute... Can't wait to see what you get with your Ebay Bucks...

Matt
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Great card! Is it a coincidence that the seller is also a fellow board member. He just posted on the thread about opening a shop.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>In the email that was sent to me, it indicated that I received the promotional opportunity because "...your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive general email promotions. "

It's worth to verify if you have not already done so. >>

Very cool! Thanks!
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    not sure what's triggering the 4X promos. i've gotten them before, but it's also been several months now for me as well.

i have all the boxes checked, so that shouldn't be the problem.

maybe i need to go uncheck them, and recheck them in a week to see if that triggers something.

i'm kinda mad actually to see these going out to other people so frequently and not getting them. i probably buy SOMETHING every 2-3 days or so.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually called Ebay and asked why I wasn't getting the Ebay Bucks promotional emails. I was told that the members that got the emails were picked at random. I have never gotten any of the promotional emails for the Bucks.
    James
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>I actually called Ebay and asked why I wasn't getting the Ebay Bucks promotional emails. I was told that the members that got the emails were picked at random. I have never gotten any of the promotional emails for the Bucks.
    James >>

Who really believes this? Based on postings here, it sounds like many people get multiple offers, while all the rest get nothing.

Yes, I'm set up to receive them, based on ebay web page info. I've received zero.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Sorry guys. This was not meant to be a thread to make anyone angry or frustrated. I was not aware that the emails were "random".

I'll just post the pickups in the PSA set registry forum for Baseball Post War HOF rc's.

Matt
  • Options
    I called too. Was told they were random. Never have gotten one.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry guys. This was not meant to be a thread to make anyone angry or frustrated. I was not aware that the emails were "random".

I'll just post the pickups in the PSA set registry forum for Baseball Post War HOF rc's. >>

Keep on posting. At least some people get some good stuff.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 4x bucks for any purchase over $150. Now, to find a BIN worth using it on, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's worth to verify if you have not already done so. >>

Thanks Matt!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I got the offer from eBay and when I tried to activate it as directed in the message it said I was not qualified for it. Called them up and they
    corrected the problem (supposedly) over the phone. Will be watching to see the bonus bucks appear.

The deal is supposed to be 4x bucks on purchases of $160 or higher from 8AM 8/21 to 11:59PM on 8/22. Must pay by PayPal.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I got the offer from eBay and when I tried to activate it as directed in the message it said I was not qualified for it. Called them up and they
    corrected the problem (supposedly) over the phone. Will be watching to see the bonus bucks appear.

The deal is supposed to be 4x bucks on purchases of $160 or higher from 8AM 8/21 to 11:59PM on 8/22. Must pay by PayPal. >>

It's $150, Dave.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tim,

Although the lady on the phone told me $160, I am much more comfortable trusting in what you say.

Dave

Dave
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry guys. This was not meant to be a thread to make anyone angry or frustrated. I was not aware that the emails were "random".

I'll just post the pickups in the PSA set registry forum for Baseball Post War HOF rc's. >>

Keep on posting. At least some people get some good stuff. >>

+1. I can live vicariously. I didn't mean to make anyone feel guilty about getting a promo email. Just odd that they all of a sudden stopped. Maybe more selling will help.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Matt
  • Options
    Rather than cashing in on more 4X Ebay Bucks, I took advantage of the 4SC 12% off everything. Here are the linked ended Ebay auctions to Jackie. I also picked up a Nolan Ryan 1968 PSA 6 but didn't pick up the link in time.

Thanks for looking...

Jackie

Matt
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't call/email eBay, eBay sends ME 4x eBay Bucks!!!!

On a serious note, there's nothing random to it. I'm not sure what formula/setting they use, but I've received one every time they've been mentioned and I'm sure I spend far less on there than others here who don't receive them.
  • Options
    Last one, again opting for 12% from 4SC.

Schmidt
    Matt
  • Options
    I'm going to have to log out of ebay until the Ebay Bucks come around but I was happy with the centering on this Koufax. So tough to get the 55's centered nicely. I will send to CA to get it reholdered and have checked and the marks to the left of his face are on the case and do not impact the card. Thanks for looking.

Sandy
    Matt
  • Options
    new offer, August 26 - 27

2x rewards for spending $50+
    3x rewards for spending $100+
    4x rewards for spending $150+
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten that, but cool!

Edit to add: Yet
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    4X ebay bucks for purchases of $150 or more, September 3 & 4
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options

<< <i>4X ebay bucks for purchases of $150 or more, September 3 & 4 >>

Just got this and man I wish it was for yesterday! Bought a PSA 9 Brett RC.image
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else having issues with the 4X? I made a couple purchases today with the 4X, but now the potential ebay bucks for an eligible item is only showing 2%. I have tried many items, and I am not maxed out. Only at around $43 for now.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    I've not received credit for my bonus eBay bucks, and after 3 calls and 2.5 hours on the phone, countless times bring placed on hold/transferred and being promised call backs that never come I am no closer to getting them credited.

Guess another call is going to happen tomorrow...

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I've not received credit for my bonus eBay bucks, and after 3 calls and 2.5 hours on the phone, countless times bring placed on hold/transferred and being promised call backs that never come I am no closer to getting them credited.

Guess another call is going to happen tomorrow... >>

David, the bonus backs should be reflected in your quarterly bucks account. Are you saying that when you hit the BIN, it didn't show that you were getting bonus bucks upon payment? Did you make payment that same day as the purchases?

• Options
    Tim

I followed all the rules. Item qualified for bonus, paid during bonus period with PP and so far they haven't credited the bonus bucks
    despite repeated calls and promises if call hacks that never come.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody else having issues with the 4X? I made a couple purchases today with the 4X, but now the potential ebay bucks for an eligible item is only showing 2%. I have tried many items, and I am not maxed out. Only at around $43 for now. >>

I had the same same problem, it seemed to just come and go yesterday so I waited till it showed on the bottom of the check out page as 4x before I paid for what I bought and it worked. eBay seems to be having a lot of issues lately.