Home Precious Metals
Options

moderncoinsdirect on ebay?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was going to make an ebay purchase from them until I saw their feedback. Anyone had good dealings with them?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to contact the seller and ask them to explain the sudden rash of negative FB?
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Please explain to me the agenda of toolhaus. They seem to be extremely focused on the negative side of things and that could cause an otherwise good seller to lose business.
    Do they monitor/review/confirm/stand behind what is posted as solid reputable information or is it one of those sites that you can go on and just say anything about anybody? Have they ever been sued for defamation of character by a seller that could prove their business was directly negatively impacted by something said on the site?

I know, lots of questions but it's only because it seems on the surface that it's a site with an agenda to "bad mouth" otherwise what MAY be good sellers.
    If it's all legit, then I could see it as a reliable source, but being new to it it comes off as extremely agenda based.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    Don't trust it? Don't use it.

Why does everyone, including posters here, have to have an agenda?

• Options
    That doesn't answer the validity of the site. You posted it, I didn't. Since you posted it, all I asked is for an explanation of what the sites motives are since you "trust" it...prove my instinct wrong. image
  • Options
    Some of us have better things to do than spending our time trying to prove others wrong. You want the site's motive? Ask them.

Like I said, if you don't trust it, don't use it. If you don't trust what you read here, quit reading.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some of us have better things to do than spending our time trying to prove others wrong. You want the site's motive? Ask them.

Like I said, if you don't trust it, don't use it. If you don't trust what you read here, quit reading. >>

This site has been a Godsend...I make an annual donation to keep it afloat. BTW, I would never purchase anything from that particular seller.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    But I wasn't the one posting it here, you were, and now you can't confirm the site is legit in its intentions. So who is that on?
    You're right, your non-reply gives me my answer about what the site is truly about, no reply needed. My instincts are correct about who brought it to this forums attention and the motivation in doing so. Just like what the intention was of the thread about how to cheat paying taxes. You might as well be a pane of glass.
  • Options

<< <i>But I wasn't the one posting it here, you were, and now you can't confirm the site is legit in its intentions. So who is that on?
    You're right, your non-reply gives me my answer about what the site is truly about, no reply needed. My instincts are correct about who brought it to this forums attention and the motivation in doing so. Just like what the intention was of the thread about how to cheat paying taxes. You might as well be a pane of glass. >>

Are you legit and what are your intentions. image

I posted a question. Since you can't answer it go back to the comic book forum.

Be very careful with your continued public accusations of a criminal act (what you call my "thread about how to cheat paying taxes").

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use toolhaus, but I've looked at it before and have only read good reviews about it. I don't get the insinuation that they aren't above board. Please elaborate. When you consider how absolutely worthless ebay has made their feedback system, toolhaus is a breath of fresh air.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use toolhaus.org occasionally and it has value. It is simply a measure of negative/neutral feedback vs total feedback for me. If concerned with a seller we can check their long-term history of feedback.

I don't use it for nefarious purposes, and don't believe that is the intent, but I imagine anything could be abused.

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    No horse in the race, just based on what it looks like.

I don't see a problem based on the feedback.

22 negs over 12 months but there are 12,691 feedbacks, that means less than 2 out of every thousand so it might just be hard to please buyers.

One buyer recently gave 9 of the recent negs. They look like MS70 moderns saying the coin was switched. Is it still allowed to use stock pics for moderns? Looks like he used stock pics and the customer complained.

The listings I looked at say:

"- We have multiples of this coin listed in stock. The coin you receive may have a different certification number than the one pictured but will be identical in every other respect."
    Ed
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to review a sellers negs, I use Toolhaus to "up date" your blocked bidder list. It will identify those that are NARU'd and just taking up unnecessary space.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."