Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

L@@K at next BBCE Group Rip - Who's buying?

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Snuffy, you are such a tease. Thanks for putting a smile of my face. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    No tease. This is legit. Came from their Facebook page. They announced the group rip there.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not far off, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Have I become the Snuffleupagus that cried wolf?
  • Options
    Facebook announcement:

Many of you have inquired about group rips and how they work; here's your opportunity get involved if you haven't before. While the thread hasn't been created yet by the facilitator, it should be going up in the next day or two. Go to www.PSAcard.com and find it on the message boards. The thread always has detailed rules on how things will operate. In the meantime, this pic contains all the items which have been set aside for the rip. I took a pretty good pic, but I hope you can zoom in on it to see all the goodies!
  • Options

<< <i>Have I become the Snuffleupagus that cried wolf? >>

I thought you were holding out on us Snuffy. Sorry for the confusion. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Well carp, I see 1 box they didnt have on Friday. Otherwise, it would live in Missouriimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Have I become the Snuffleupagus that cried wolf? >>

I thought you were holding out on us Snuffy. Sorry for the confusion. image >>

Glad you posted that. I was going to try and summon Maurice from the great beyond to tell you 'CPAMIKE, you owe Snuffy an apology'
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    HolyMoses!!! This is gonna be spendy and fun.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OK - I held out on the rack pack rip, I had already gotten in on the '75 minis.

But this - I am in T-R-O-U-B-L-E (with Mrs. Americans, that is). Hmmm - how far do you think the 'honey they say spending money on classic packs of cards speeds recovery following surgery?' line will take me???? image
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow guys, that is beautiful. I'll take two of each football, handful of the 80 super cellos and racks.... and throw in some 77 Topps wax! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>OK - I held out on the rack pack rip, I had already gotten in on the '75 minis.
    But this - I am in T-R-O-U-B-L-E (with Mrs. Americans, that is). Hmmm - how far do you think the 'honey they say spending money on classic packs of cards speeds recovery following surgery?' line will take me???? image >>

It's going to be a Catch-22 ... because even if it speeds your recovery, Mrs. Americans will send you BACK to the hospital when she finds out! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Foosball's the devil

• Options

<< <i>Foosball's the devil >>

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'm in this time. The cards inside the packs aren't worth the cost of the pack. What's the point?
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not sure I'm in this time. The cards inside the packs aren't worth the cost of the pack. What's the point? >>

Can I have your slots? image

Collecting:
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not sure I'm in this time. The cards inside the packs aren't worth the cost of the pack. What's the point? >>

If they were BBCE wouldn't be selling them unopened they would be opening everything. And they paid way less (obviously) for them.
  • Options

<< <i>

If they were BBCE wouldn't be selling them unopened they would be opening everything. And they paid way less (obviously) for them. >>

You really have some bitterness towards BBCE, don't you, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If they were BBCE wouldn't be selling them unopened they would be opening everything. And they paid way less (obviously) for them. >>

You really have some bitterness towards BBCE, don't you, LOL.. >>

Well, that is the antithesis of insinuation.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was actually complimenting their knowledge. They realize that opening it is for the most part a losing proposition financially and are doing the smart thing, selling it unopened.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They realize that opening it is for the most part a losing proposition financially and are doing the smart thing, selling it unopened. >>

Walmart understands this as well.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was actually complimenting their knowledge. They realize that opening it is for the most part a losing proposition financially and are doing the smart thing, selling it unopened. >>

It just seems that most of your posts in these recent BBCE threads are potshots tinged with a sense of negativity, specifically with regard to Steve's wrapping boxes as authentic, too, in the other thread. I could be wrong, though.

• Options
    Webb63Webb63 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was actually complimenting their knowledge. They realize that opening it is for the most part a losing proposition financially and are doing the smart thing, selling it unopened. >>

It just seems that most of your posts in these recent BBCE threads are tinged with a sense of negativity, specifically with regard to Steve's wrapping boxes as authentic, too, in the other thread. I could be wrong, though. >>

No Grote, you are NOT wrong…I was thinking the same thing. He's about the most negative, bitter person on these boards, at least when it comes discussions about BBCE. I keep thinking, surely he's kidding…but no, he really is a do**che.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

It just seems that most of your posts in these recent BBCE threads are tinged with a sense of negativity, specifically with regard to Steve's wrapping boxes as authentic, too, in the other thread. I could be wrong, though. >>

Looking back I can see how it reads that way. I didn't mean to imply that they were doing anything wrong, I was just observing that their way of authenticating seemed primal to me and very easy to replicate.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.. I'd like to come out of retirement and join a group rip image
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I saw this on FB too. Is this the usual random order members put together from time to time or is it a true group Rip where you get a team at random and get all cards pulled from the rip? If it is the second I would be most interested.
  • Options

<< <i>I saw this on FB too. Is this the usual random order members put together from time to time or is it a true group Rip where you get a team at random and get all cards pulled from the rip? If it is the second I would be most interested. >>

This is a traditional CU group rip in which members reserve unopened packs from boxes.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Group rip?

www.ebay.com/itm/172460996627

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

@coinspacks said:
    Group rip?

www.ebay.com/itm/172460996627

Yummy stuff. I'm in, assuming Steve blesses this and seller comes down to reality. I know it says Fitch, but the value for me is BBCE.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

At $6250 a box that's about 1K less than Steve's buy price. So unless my math is wrong that's not a bad price.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is $10,000 per box. 15 boxes per case.
    James

• Options
    edited December 30, 2016 9:34PM

@jfkheat said:
    It is $10,000 per box. 15 boxes per case.
    James

Correct. That works out to be over $400 a pack. You can get a PSA 9 75 cello for less than half that, though to be fair there is a best offer option, as well.

• Options
    edited December 30, 2016 9:31PM

@mcolney1 said:
    At $6250 a box that's about 1K less than Steve's buy price. So unless my math is wrong that's not a bad price.

Steve's buy price is 3K for a 75 cello box. $7,200 buy price is for a 75 rack box.