Home Precious Metals
Options

What's the real deal here?

This person is auctioning off silver dimes one at a time only, shipped for $1.29. After postage, eBay fees and Paypal fees he's probably clearing 40 something cents. He had an auction with over ten listed but you can only buy one item a week from him and he sold 40 or more(he had several single auctions as well as this one). Is he mining silver collectors addresses or what? I passed.

Just plain weird
Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's 10% below melt, delivered.

most likely building his item count so he can open a store and become eligible for reduced fees and eventually further reduction as a top notch seller.

Or, he is building a database of email accounts that he sells or spams.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>most likely building his item count so he can open a store and become eligible for reduced fees and eventually further reduction as a top notch seller.

Or, he is building a database of email accounts that he sells or spams. >>

I think you nailed it with the item count/store deal. He sells a lot of camera equipment and probably needs a boost in numbers. I didn't consider that one, paranoia struck first.image
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean item count? I have a store and I only have 65 things up at the moment . There is no minimum amount.

This guy is probably sending his dimes out in a stamped envelope without tracking that won't help top rated status. He has $600 camera lenses up the fee discount on one sale like that would pay for a basic store subscription.

Plus he already has a store. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you mean item count? I have a store and I only have 65 things up at the moment . There is no minimum amount.

This guy is probably sending his dimes out in a stamped envelope without tracking that won't help top rated status. He has $600 camera lenses up the fee discount on one sale like that would pay for a basic store subscription.

Plus he already has a store. image >>

Item count: 100 sales per year to qualify for top rated seller status and be eligible for the 20% FVF discount.

btw...I purchased the last one.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What do you mean item count? I have a store and I only have 65 things up at the moment . There is no minimum amount.

Item count: 100 sales per year to qualify for top rated seller status and be eligible for the 20% FVF discount.

btw...I purchased the last one.image >>

He isn't top rated though ,if you clicked sold items it shows he has sold 538 things and only 63 were bullion the rest were in cameras. Maybe he is just a silver dime evangelist , flooding the world with small silver coins to spread the gospel of sound moneyimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

btw...I purchased the last one.image >>

He isn't top rated though ,if you clicked sold items it shows he has sold 538 things and only 63 were bullion the rest were in cameras. Maybe he is just a silver dime evangelist , flooding the world with small silver coins to spread the gospel of sound moneyimage >>

Could be his DSR needed improvement to qualify. Selling 30 dimes is not exactly "flooding the market."
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Could be his DSR needed improvement to qualify. Selling 30 dimes is not exactly "flooding the market." >>

Why so serious
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Just received a notice that my dime was mailed today with USPS tracking. The PayPal shipping label with d.c. alone costs $1.93. This seller is def. trying to improve his DSR before 8/20, and he'll get my help.