Home U.S. Coin Forum

It sucks having ebay bucks

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
and not really finding anything that I want to spend the money on.....

Either things are overpriced anyway or things I don't really want/need. Had a set of bucks expire last quarter and want to spend these this time...just not finding much.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• pcunixpcunix Posts: 620
    What difference does it make if it is overpriced unless you mean that it's more over priced than what you have in bucks?
  • Since April I have bought 36 different early PCGS MS64 to MS66 commemoratives for my type set, & I think the prices are very low compared to Bower's book and the 2015 red book.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What difference does it make if it is overpriced unless you mean that it's more over priced than what you have in bucks? >>

It's a waste to get a deal on one coin an blow it on another.

Nothing outside the coin world even?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave mine to my boy to use. He thought that was cool but didn't use them to buy coins.
  • valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    I once had $175 in bucks... I was waiting for something cool to come up, and was going to buy eagles if I couldn't find anything. I ended up forgetting about them and loosing all $175.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FadetoBlack is correct. Always buy junk silver if nothing else.

If you give those bucks to your wife I'll bet that she wouldn't have any problem spending them.image
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a problem using mine and nearly max out each quarter! image
  • sawyerjoshsawyerjosh Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    Bought myself a nice HALLAMARK slab w/ ebay bucks. Spend a bit of time on ebay and ye shall find.
    As a seller: USARarities, acloco, coindudeonebay, Twinturbo, MICHAELDIXON, blu62vette, mothra454, LukeMarshall, USARarities
    As a buyer: QualityCurrencycom, tychojoe, AurumMiner, Collectorcoins, perfectstrike, ModCrewman, LeeBone, nickel, REALGATOR, MICHAELDIXON, pointfivezero, Walkerguy21D
    Trades: georgiacop50
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What difference does it make if it is overpriced unless you mean that it's more over priced than what you have in bucks? >>

It's a waste to get a deal on one coin an blow it on another.

Nothing outside the coin world even? >>

Bingo! That's how I feel.
    I've been looking at other (non-coin/bullion) as well... once I exhausted about 5 hours of coin/bullion looking the last 2 nights

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• DDRDDR Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy yourself a gift certificate.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how much you can save shopping on ebay for things other than coins. Widen your viewing horizon. Just bought some HVAC filters, saved a bunch. Been looking at the small drones with cameras.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

<< <i>It's amazing how much you can save shopping on ebay for things other than coins. Widen your viewing horizon. Just bought some HVAC filters, saved a bunch. Been looking at the small drones with cameras. >>

Agreed, and that's why, above your post, I put that I have been shopping for other things. There are things some would buy on ebay but I wouldn't (TVs and such), but I have been shopping for other things as well.....just nothing right now is jumping out.

I don't want to overpay just to use them. Not looking for rips, but also not wanting to jump through hoops and buy something to sell it....rather buy something I want/need.

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always buy something I want, and then sell it to me for the post eBay Bucks discounted price. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

<< <i>You could always buy something I want, and then sell it to me for the post eBay Bucks discounted price. image >>

There we go! Thinking outside the box! Love it

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since April I have bought 36 different early PCGS MS64 to MS66 commemoratives for my type set, & I think the prices are very low compared to Bower's book and the 2015 red book. >>

They have been very low for 20 years. I would caution against using the Redbook and Bowers book as price guides. Comments are all readily available even into the high MS. That gives you the opportunity to be patient and look for really nice pieces.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't find a coin you can always spend them on a pair of RYK approved shoes! image

imageimage

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sucks? Buy gift cards and donate them.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you can't find a coin you can always spend them on a pair of RYK approved shoes! image

imageimage >>

I approve! image

Actually, I have, in similar circumstances, purchased silver for a net price below melt.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I typically dont build up a lot of E-bucks. But when I do I spend them on things I hate to buy like batteries. Ive used some at one point to buy tools for the car I'm working on and some small parts.
  • mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent purchases, with or without ebay bucks, broadening the horizon:

Filters for the refrigerator
    Cartridges for the printers
    cheapo cell phone for my mom, as she is almost 90 and loses or breaks them, so I keep buying the same model she is familiar with.
    Shipping tape (I ship about 5 - 8 packages a day)
    Replacement light fixture for the bathroom (Home Depot $119, online: $46)
    Spare charger and chords for the I5 (we have 3 of them in the house)
    Spray in bed liner for the new truck (local shop: $245 same kit online: $119)
    Augmenting the china set we got when we were married 35 years ago, buying the serving and other pieces. (Pair of candlesticks: BIN: $9.99, Replacements.Com: $65 each)
    Replacement Pewter Belt Buckle for my son, exact replacement for the one he bought in Alaska 3 years ago, and REALLY liked it.
    Keurig Coffee Cup Holder stand that my wife's Keurig coffee maker now sits on, and it holds 36 of those little cups. I don't drink coffee, but she LIVES on it (Given as a gift by my son for Mother's Day, big points scored)
    Vacuum cleaner bags
    New Broiler Pan for the Oven, replacing a 20 year old nasty pan
    9 college text books for my youngest, BIG SAVINGS on those.

A long time ago, when you could buy a gun on ebay, I bought one for my dad. He had been with the 82nd Airborne during WWII, and always talked about his M1 paratrooper carbine. He lost it when he was captured, and when he was discharged, he basically got nothing. I got a copy of his DD214, and bought all the medals that were listed, along with THE CARBINE, made by Singer, still had the 82nd stamping on the receiver. It made for a very special Christmas present, one of the few times he was totally speechless.

When he passed away, the medals wound up in the triangular wood box that holds the funeral flag, in my mother's possession, and everything else, along with his jump helmet and other things, went to "back" to me.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know ebay sucks when your ebay bucks expire
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether its Apmex material for my investment portfolio or some Ebay auction (for inventory for show or online store) I have no problem spending the ebay bucks. If I buy at least as much as I sell, my selling costs effectively go from 9 to 7% of sales. I love it when I am in a nice coin below bid bc I used ebay bucks.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

<< <i>Whether its Apmex material for my investment portfolio or some Ebay auction (for inventory for show or online store) I have no problem spending the ebay bucks. If I buy at least as much as I sell, my selling costs effectively go from 9 to 7% of sales. >>

I would agree with that....I am not much of a seller though.....so, I tend to want things that I want and not just flip (unless it is a hot USMint item that I just HAVE TO HAVE to flip image )

• crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    thank you, I almost had 75$ expire on me.
    Glad it reminded you, Crypto.
    I had $42 expire on me last quarter because I was waiting and trying to find something I wanted/could use.
    In the past, I have purchased toner, fridge filters, etc etc etc, when I couldn't find a coin I wanted. Was a lot harder, for me, this time.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After surfing for hours (or days), I usually end up buying lowly 90% silver, as others have said.

Last quarter I bought a PCGS F2 1932-D quarter. Using eBay Bucks, I reduced the price to 10 bucks, including shipping. Fun coin!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be nice to be rich and be able to throw money away ...

With 0ne minute of effort, I found some FREE money for you .....

Free money using ebay bucks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file