Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Natl 79 BB Wax Tray Case Break - All Paid Up - Thx to All Who Participated

Comments

• ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I have paid. Thank you for putting this together.
  • balco758balco758 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balco758 has paid - thanks for organizing!

Steve
  • KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Paid! Thanks again!
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I have sent an email to Steve requesting a total as I added a few items. I'll pay once Steve sends me a paypal invoice. Thanks for putting this together.

Matt
  • jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    i hope some people plan on ripping some...sort of...
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i hope some people plan on ripping some...sort of... >>

That would be ill-advised. Better to buy a few loose packs for that without the premium on these.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

That would be ill-advised. Better to buy a few loose packs for that without the premium on these. >>

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression these style of packs produced some of the sharpest cards. If so I would think a few people will rip away.

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< i hope some people plan on ripping some...sort of... >>

That would be ill-advised. Better to buy a few loose packs for that without the premium on these. >>

I agree Tim, these are special in their own right just based on the inscription and the back story alone. I know that personally, mine will remain sealed. If anyone does decide to rip, I would like to see it as I have nothing against ripping, but to me I'll always remember these trays as being a part of The National even though I couldn't make it. As well as "the from a sealed case" status. In my mind, it doesn't make too much sense to rip with the quality control from that year.

Jimmy

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression these style of packs produced some of the sharpest cards. If so I would think a few people will rip away. >>

They do, but the price point is making it a less worthwhile endeavor. I will tell you if someone does rip one of these trays and the cards are nicely centered, others will not be able to resist the temptation. Of course, with BBCE noting that they are from a sealed case adds additional value to them as well.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression these style of packs produced some of the sharpest cards. If so I would think a few people will rip away. >>

No, that is not accurate. They are factory sealed but don't yield any sharper cards than regular wax in nice shape. In fact, some believe the cards may be worse because the packs are lined up together and shrinkwrapped to the tray. I've opened about 100 of these trays over the years (at least) and never noticed any higher grade cards coming out of packs from the tray.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, that is not accurate. They are factory sealed but don't yield any sharper cards than regular wax in nice shape. In fact, some believe the cards may be worse because the packs are lined up together and shrinkwrapped to the tray. I've opened about 100 of these trays over the years (at least) and never noticed any higher grade cards coming out of packs from the tray. >>

Gotcha. I thought I recall you saying at one point when the PSA 10 Henderson was pulled from a wax tray that was the case.

I figured at least a few would play the lottery and go for the Ozzie Smith PSA 9 or 10.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, that is not accurate. They are factory sealed but don't yield any sharper cards than regular wax in nice shape. In fact, some believe the cards may be worse because the packs are lined up together and shrinkwrapped to the tray. I've opened about 100 of these trays over the years (at least) and never noticed any higher grade cards coming out of packs from the tray. >>

Gotcha. I thought I recall you saying at one point when the PSA 10 Henderson was pulled from a wax tray that was the case.

I figured at least a few would play the lottery and go for the Ozzie Smith PSA 9 or 10. >>

The Henderson was from a wax rack which are more loosely wrapped than trays.

But cases usually run in sequence condition and centering wise so if cards look good, chanes improve.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I figured at least a few would play the lottery and go for the Ozzie Smith PSA 9 or 10. >>

But cases usually run in sequence condition and centering wise so if cards look good, chanes improve. >>

Well hopefully a few take the plunge and the cards are centered. I would love to see someone post an amazing raw Ozzie from the packs.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

But cases usually run in sequence condition and centering wise so if cards look good, chanes improve. >>

Well hopefully a few take the plunge and the cards are centered. I would love to see someone post an amazing raw Ozzie from the packs. >>

We all would. But at nearly $60 a pack with the premium, it's probably wiser to go for that card with less expensive 79 wax packs, lol..

Plus, the "From a sealed case--CU 2014 National Break" provenance is a cool thing to keep intact, imo.

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭
    Paid - Thanks for putting this together. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    Paid, thanks.
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Just spoke to Reed. All paid.
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just paid 177.00

Thanks
    JBrules
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are paid for.

Dave
  • Payment of $514.00 has been made. Thanks again for doing this.
    After I hit a home run I had a habit of running the bases with my head down. I figured the pitcher already felt bad enough without me showing him up rounding the bases.
    Mickey Mantle
  • jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Payment sent.

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid

Robb
  • I have paid via Paypal. Thanks for arranging this group break Dave.

Paul
  • 1all1all Posts: 510 ✭✭✭
    Paid, thanks! Doug
  • pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Paid....big thanks to dave and bbce for organizing this! Thrilled to add these to my collection!
  • kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Paid. Thanks to Dave for organizing this and sorry our paths didn't cross at this year's National.
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    paid - thank you!
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    You sent $1019.50 USD to S. Hart

Bob is paid!!!
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Just paid with some add-ons.

Thanks for organizing.

Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid
    Mike
  • bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Just got off the phone -- paid.

Now to continue to wait 'patiently' for them to restock the website.
  • Talked to Steve today, paid in full.

Marlin
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid today Dave.
    Mike
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone bails out, I'll take 2 more.
    Mike
  • I would like to buy one if available. Thanks!

Matthew
    Mpminnium
  • Paid with Steve 8-7. Sorry for late post.
    Mike
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they have posted pictures on Facebook, showing them wrapping up the 79s for those getting them!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    The shrink wrapping of 192 1979 Topps Baseball Wax Trays has begun! CU message board members did a group break on this $30,000 case. It looks like it's going to take 10-12 hours to finish wrapping all of them. No two days are ever the same here at BBCE.

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    paid--thanks Dave!
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Nice toes
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice toes >>

Calm down there, Rex Ryan. lol
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    All paid up! Thanks to all!

Matt
  • My 6-trays are paid! Thank you to all who made this happen...

--Anthony
  • dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Is anyone planning on opening these?
  • i apologize for the delay, I still need to make payment on this. i have been busy, but will take care of it first thing Monday.
  • I'd run BBCE like Nino Brown...
  • Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Somehow I missed this while I was out of town. If anyone has to back out or has 1 tray to spare, please pm me.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Paid Friday. I gave Steve my user name, not sure if you need to know as well.
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    TTT for latest status (2 left 2 pay and 1 pending)

Dave