Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is your cardboard dream?

Mine would be to own a full run of '52-75 Topps baseball sets in EXMT or better unaltered raw condition, housed in plastic sheets/binders. The commons-minor stars would be pretty well-centered (70/30 or better) with light to modest wear at worst. The stars would be psa or sgc graded 5-7.5 range with nice eye appeal.

In a perfect world, I would own unopened boxes, oddball cards, pre-war cards, psa 10 cards of stars of the 80s, significant vintage rookies of football, basketball, hockey cards...but these wouldn't be necessary.

To fund this dream, finding and reselling a T206 Wagner would be a great way to fund it. I would peruse a set or 2 on Sunday afternoons over a cold beer or 5 with a son, nephew, or close friend that appreciated them too, that would be cool...

What is your cardboard dream?

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would settle for all PSA 10's for the Johnny Bench basic registry set.... No doubt I will be dreaming for a long.....long....time!
  • Options
    A nice well centered topps run from 52 to 59.
  • Options
    A complete run of every Cardinals & Browns cards from T206 through 1989!

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    To open any of the following boxes:
    1961 Fleer Basketball
    1959 Topps Baseball Series One
    1958 Topps Football
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Right now it's to complete my 94 Pro Line auto set. I like my Cowboys backfield project but there is something rewarding about getting a nice ttm back.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To self submit a 1982 Wrestling All Stars #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 10. Hey you said dream.

• Options

<< <i>To self submit a 1982 Wrestling All Stars #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 10. Hey you said dream. >>

What makes this difficult? Centering issues?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>To self submit a 1982 Wrestling All Stars #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 10. Hey you said dream. >>

What makes this difficult? Centering issues? >>

Centering, corners, print issues, supply of nice raw cards and the cost to acquire fresh material.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Centering, corners, print issues, supply of nice raw cards and the cost to acquire fresh material. >>

Oh wow. Well that explains the dream.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Centering, corners, print issues, supply of nice raw cards and the cost to acquire fresh material. >>

Oh wow. Well that explains the dream. >>

No 10's so far.
  • Options

<< <i>No 10's so far. >>

Do you have a scan of your best example? If so can you post it? I'd like to check it out.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No 10's so far. >>

Do you have a scan of your best example? If so can you post it? I'd like to check it out. >>

The yellow doesn't scan very well or at least with the settings I have the scanner set to. A lot of these have some white mixed in on the right border and PSA may be wanting to see a perfect yellow copy. This is as nice of a copy as you can find.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dream is also a goal - a hard one.

To have a complete set of 63F BB centered better than 55/45.

Unfortunately I don't check as regular as I should, so I may be missing some of the tough ones.

It took me years to find this one:

Mike
  • Options
    ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    1933 goudey
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1933 goudey >>

The entire set Bob?
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>No 10's so far. >>

Do you have a scan of your best example? If so can you post it? I'd like to check it out. >>

The yellow doesn't scan very well or at least with the settings I have the scanner set to. A lot of these have some white mixed in on the right border and PSA may be wanting to see a perfect yellow copy. This is as nice of a copy as you can find. >>

I believe I see the white you are referring to. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it appears to start right across from his shoulder.

The corners look great on that card.
  • Options
    Still a great card and I'm sure your proud to own it.
  • Options

<< <i>Still a great card and I'm sure your proud to own it. >>

Yes it is one of favorites for sure.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Any T3 card in any condition. One of these days I will get one..............
    Robert
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Dreams that I could potentially pay for: Unopened - 1971 Topps baseball cello box. Card - signed 1978 Topps Munson.

Dreams that are currently out of reach: T206 Wagner, 1914 or 1915
    Cracker Jack set.

Dream that may not exist: PSA 7 or better 1948 Leaf Rocky Graziano.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.