• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Moody Blues at the forum in Montreal Canada in the early 70's
  • ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    With parents - Michael Jackson in 84 or 85
    Without parents - Depeche Mode with Stabbing Westward opening in 1994
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    The first performance I ever saw live was the Gypsy Kings at a Threatre in the Chicago area. Can't recall the exact location or date but it was around 2000. After that, Randy Travis on October 17th, 2004 at Pike Peak Event Center. A birthday present from my Mother.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Perhaps my best concert experiences (there are more image ):

Bowie: Ballroom Tour (4 dates) front and center Roseland Ballroom (tiny) September 1995. Moonage Daydream as performed in 1972 with full mime and original Spiders from Mars keyboardist Mike Garson.

Radiohead: Hammerstein, MTV taping of Live at the 10 Spot, front, just left of center.

Pumpkins: 53rd Street Letterman. Posed as press - beyond the barrier, beyond front and center, right under Billy and James. Got to meet Buzz Aldrin too.

Eric

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Frank Sinatra.
    Las Vegas Hilton showroom

I was 12 and with my parents on a family vacation. A friend of my father's was a high roller at the Hilton and was comped into their shows any night he was there. He saw Sinatra on the first night of his trip, and offered my parents tickets, saying "I love Frank, but tonight I'm going to take their money.". He won really big (25K plus) at the craps tables that night, and his wife then went and spent it all and more shopping for jewelry and furs.

My first without my parents was Weird Al at the Aladdin Hotel Theater in Vegas in 1994. Mr. Ectomy opened for him.

Nick

[edited to finish post]
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Night Ranger. Midnight Madness Park West 1983. Sweat bands+plastic bb helmet=no chance to score at the show. Polka shell necklace probably didn't help.

Babe, you know
    You're growing up so fast
    And mama's worrying
    That you won't last
    To say, let's play

• 1982 Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow with the Scorpions and a band called riot opening up.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    First concert I ever WENT to:

Live in the summer of 1995, right before my friends and I departed for college.

Throwing Copper had been out for a year, but didn't really get big until '95 - and Live was HUGE back then.

My buddy and I were right up at the front, and had met two "college" chicks, who invited us to a party. We thought we had it made - until a crowd surfer's boot hit one of the girls in the head and knocked her out COLD. We handed her off to security, her friend hopped the rail - and that was that. Saddest day of my life.

One of my friends on the other side of the arena had her arm broken by another crowd surfer. Despite the theatrics, it was still a great show. I saw Live a bunch of times after that, and they always did a good job. It's a shame that they broke up.

I also use to sit outside of The Varsity and listen to the bands that came through with some other underagers. I "saw" Counting Crows, Soul Asylum and Better Than Ezra that way.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Loved Throwing Copper. Mental Jewelry was great in it's own right as well.
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Kenny Rogers, only because my mother purchased tickets for the entire family. I saw Van Halen at the New Haven Coliseum in 1982 for their Hide Your Sheep Tour. They were promoting their Diver Down album. I consider that to be my first concert since it is the first concert that I attended voluntarily. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ozzy w/ Randy Rhoads, Def Leppard & Joe Perry Project. >>

I hate you

My first show was the Grateful Dead in 1982 before I found metal. After metal, my first concert was Saxon in Madrid, then Maiden /Accept, Sabbath with Gillan, Scorpions, Priest, .....
  • Gillan Awesome !!!!!
    See the live version of Child in Time from BBC TV in 1970

• << <i>

<< <i>Ozzy w/ Randy Rhoads, Def Leppard & Joe Perry Project. >>

I hate you

>>

Back to Rhoads: I had tickets for Ozzy w/ Rhoads at MSG in '82. It was for the week or 2 after his death, I believe. The Ozzy show after Randy's death was at MSG with Bernie Torme.

• John denver parents

Police on my own
  • Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones
  • The Nixons
    Matt
    Looking for post-war hof rc's, raw or graded.
    Successful dealings: grote15, wilkiebaby11, BPorter26 and gregmo32.
  • My first Broadway "rock" musical was Jesus Christ Superstar with Ted Neely from the movie in the early 70's. Saw him again in '95 with the film versions "Judas" Carl Anderson, and Neely sounded the same - just a bit rougher. He did the "final" in 2010 - reasonable. Saw him the other night on YT in Italy this year or last - nope. image Ironically, he still hits those screaming highs (more or less), but can't handle any of the rest! Neely is a very cool and kind man - I met him a few times - but the getting off the tour bus and walking the last mile into each city is a little odd...

Eric
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    KISS 1977...Omaha
  • zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

Elton John
    Tacoma Dome
  • lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    1983 Adam Ant, with INXS as the opening band.

Most memorable concert. 1984 Van Halen. As a sophomore in high school, seeing Van Halen with David Lee Roth in their prime was just an awesome experience.

<< <i> 1984 Van Halen. As a sophomore in high school, seeing Van Halen with David Lee Roth in their prime was just an awesome experience. >>

I agree. After Hagar joined the band, it just wasn't the same. Granted they had some good songs like Dreams. That was a catchy tune.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>1975 Joe Cokker. I went to see the opening act, Styx. I left half way through Joe Cokker. >>

I did the same thing when Guns N' Roses opened for Aerosmith in 1987.

<< <i>Kiss & Alice In Chains 1996 >>

So jealous. Alice In Chains is still my favorite band of all time and I never got to see them live.

Pretty sure my first concert was Iron Maiden's World Slavery Tour in 1985... Accept was opening, so we could get our Udo on.

Snorto~
  • stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nov 1989, Spurs OKC - Deliverance
  • PubliusPublius Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    U2 Joshua Tree tour at Wembly Stadium in London, 1987. I was living with my aunt for a summer

Second concert was Debbie Gibson, Out of the Blue. .... image
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Cheap trick in 84. We won a magazine sales drive in Jr High and our class got to go see them.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

<< <i>U2 Joshua Tree tour at Wembly Stadium in London, 1987. I was living with my aunt for a summer

Second concert was Debbie Gibson, Out of the Blue. .... image >>

Joe! Nice to see you!
  • markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    1988 Bob Dylan and Steve Earle. It was great!!!!
  • Monsters of Rock 1988 at Giants Stadium. Van Halen, Metallica, The Scorpions, Dokken, and Kingdom Come. My parents let me go as an eighth grade graduation present.....Thanks Mom and Dad!

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gillan Awesome !!!!!
    See the live version of Child in Time from BBC TV in 1970 >>

I love Deep Purple. Saw them in 2000 with Steve Morse on guitar and it was one of the best sounding shows I've ever heard. They opened for Dio and blew them off the stage. Gillan sounded as good as he did in the 70s
  • Van Halen October 30, 1982 Roanoke Civic Center.
  • RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Mötley Crew, Whitesnake and Anthrax when I was 13. My dad and his best friend brought me and two other buddies.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    Pure Prarie League; Bloomsburg PA 1981

IMF

Edited to Add my next concert will be Billy Joel in Philadelphia (Citizen's Bank Park) this Saturday
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lived in Buffalo growing up. So many concerts. It had to be sometime in 1971 or 1972.

Greatest concert. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. June, 1973
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BigMKBigMK Posts: 93 ✭✭
    KISS (without makeup) in 1987 or 1988 at the Nassau Coliseum. Ted Nugent opened.
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AEROSMITH
    Their FIRST return, 1985 Done With Mirrors Tour
    1985 at the Manning Bowl in Lynn Massachusetts
  • mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    Kansas/Eddie Money at Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN on Halloween 1980. There was a girl sitting next to me dress up as a nun for Halloween and smoking a joint.
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Bon Jovi - 1986 - Slippery When Wet Tour
    Cinderella opened
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭
    Jackson Browne - Hold on Hold Out tour - Garden State Arts Center

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Not sure if you consider a Vegas show a concert but if you do
    then my first is seeing Elvis in 1972 and it was the real deal
    not an impersonator.

1975 Led Zeppelin in LA.

<< <i>Lived in Buffalo growing up. So many concerts. It had to be sometime in 1971 or 1972.

Greatest concert. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. June, 1973 >>

Which venue?

I am intimately familiar with every version of this piece since late 71 and Jan/Feb 72. I prefer the earlier live slow versions called Eclipsed. image I think Amused to Death is a near follow up in terms of content and quality. Gilmour is a god on the guitar, but without him that is not Pink Floyd. The idea of Gilmour having to hire folks in 1986/87 to make AMLOR/DSOT "more Floydian" makes me sick. I love David Gilmour though. Too many decades have passed since I have seen him/them image

Eric
  • mbz430embz430e Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Kiss Animalize tour. 1984/85.
    Wasp, Metallica and Armored Saint. 85' Ride the Lightning tour!!!
    JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    1976 - Doobie Brothers at the Providence Civic Center

I was 9 and my Aunt took me. On the way, she told me, "if anyone hands you a stinky cigarette, just pass it to the person next to you"

Thanks Aunt Susan!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lived in Buffalo growing up. So many concerts. It had to be sometime in 1971 or 1972.

Greatest concert. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. June, 1973 >>

Which venue?

I am intimately familiar with every version of this piece since late 71 and Jan/Feb 72. I prefer the earlier live slow versions called Eclipsed. image I think Amused to Death is a near follow up in terms of content and quality. Gilmour is a god on the guitar, but without him that is not Pink Floyd. The idea of Gilmour having to hire folks in 1986/87 to make AMLOR/DSOT "more Floydian" makes me sick. I love David Gilmour though. Too many decades have passed since I have seen him/them image

Eric >>

The Aud in Buffalo long since torn down.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • AC000000AC000000 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    Boston, in Chicago at the Chicago Stadium in 1976. Sammy Hagar opened.

Ironically I saw Chicago when I lived in Boston. (Nah, not really, but sounds good).

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    For me it was Ted Nugent and Uriah Heep at the Springfield (Mass) Civic Center.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    Unfortuntly 1985 sly fox, free tickets from the radio station

They did have a real good guitarist
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• I'm a bit older so for me it was 1965. Featured act was the Shangri-Las who were big way back then. Opening act was a duo who just released their first single that week - Sonny and Cher.
    A photo for the thread from my collection:

Roger Waters signed Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking LP, with promo pressing MINT, black felt tip, obtained in Canada after the final performance with Clapton, July 31st (30years ago today),1984! at the Montreal Forum. The dedication and inscription are of equal/more value with regard to authentication here than the signature itself. At this point "Pink Floyd" still legally exist.

Note - While there was a version released with a black box there, this is not it. That is Photoshop to comply with Forum Rules or some such.

Eric