Are You Buying The Kennedy 2 Coin Set?

13»

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    100 - Dang, missed it by one
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks like they will start shipping....
    Been charged and now says "In stock and reserved" >>

Mine too...and I was worried they wouldn't arrive for Christmas...

Ordered 45 minutes in and also IS&R...

Sat in the waiting room for 19 minutes the first time before being invited to shop which then took me to the....Join the Waiting room or leave page...LOL

Clicked in again, second time said 38 minutes but completely finished at the 45 minute mark.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I'll prolly throw a couple in with my next order. If they don't have them at that time,
    I'll just wait & buy aftermarket at half price in a couple of years . . . image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a few on day two....no rush to get them 'cuz there is no way I am paying the grading fees for a $5 coin....

Just to have them.....no clue why
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah......when gold drops below $800. That is, if you believe gas will ever return to $1.89 gal.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2-coin sets are "In stock & Reserved" image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancel box gone

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Order request in process.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 sets I ordered in the eveningimage now show - 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 08/04/2014.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Ship date on my Day 2 order went from 9/7 to 8/3....
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Have tracking # on 2 orders image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine shipped this am also.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you satisfied with the time between ordering and shipping? Not as fast as next day as sometimes happens but faster than others of late.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET 5 $9.95 $49.75 5 units shipped on 07/30/2014

• Options

Shipped for me, too

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Ship date moved from Aug. 3 to Aug. 19.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Well, what can I say, I never meant to order, but I did. image

Now my order of 5 Clad Sets has shipped today. Probably they will be delivered on Saturday, certainly by Monday.

Now what am I to do with them.image

Maybe this should be my first PCGS submission. Never sent anything in before. image
  • Options

<< <i>Well, what can I say, I never meant to order, but I did. image

Now my order of 5 Clad Sets has shipped today. Probably they will be delivered on Saturday, certainly by Monday.

Maybe this should be my first PCGS submission. Never sent anything in before. image >>

I'd say go for it...

What time did your order get in?
  • Options
    I actually finished up my order at 12:16 on Thursday, earliest I've ever been able to order anything.

Maybe I'll group ship the best of the Kennedy Clads and a few other items I've been holding off on.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, what can I say, I never meant to order, but I did. image

Maybe this should be my first PCGS submission. Never sent anything in before. image >>

Unless they are superb gems don't waste your $$. The plastic will be worth more than the coins.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the Philadelphia Mint they had a 2 set limit so I purchased 2 sets

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Are my eyes deceiving me but isn't that also the original reverse?
    I was under the impression that the 1964 obv was being paired with the later style rev.

What's your take on the quality? Are they brilliant or satin? Look pretty nice from here.
    Still wish they would have placed the MM in the old location . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>Are my eyes deceiving me but isn't that also the original reverse?
    I was under the impression that the 1964 obv was being paired with the later style rev.

What's your take on the quality? Are they brilliant or satin? Look pretty nice from here.
    Still wish they would have placed the MM in the old location . . .

HH >>

Almost Pl, I have no idea if it's the original reverse or not maybe some else can help with that
    I have sent them off to ATS I think they will grade pretty high
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my Kennedy for the year:

Cost $2.00 at a coin show.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    2014 reverse

Look at the longest 2 arrows

Also not accented hair variety

• Options

<< <i>2014 reverse

Also not accented hair variety >>

Thank You now I see the difference
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2014 reverse

Also not accented hair variety >>

...but there is relief. Thanks twobit for the pics.
  • Options
    Mine just shipped today, order placed at 12:45, or 45 minutes after on sale. Just for referenceimage
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look very nice rec one set today will get the rest in a day or two they look hi relief.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Rec'd my sets today. Nice looking coins. Almost PL finishes. They look high grade at a glance but upon closer view they are full of issues which limit the grades. Avg grade: 64-65.
  • Options
    Can't believe the show labels will run you $75! That's pretty darn steep for a clad coin.
  • Options
    Here is the best picture I have seen of the new Kennedy obverse. This is the gold coin but it looks the same as the two coin set.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/news/general/kennedy-limit-drops-to-one?et_mid=684823&rid=238096513

There is one definite difference from the 1964 version. The 1964's had a lock of hair covering the tail of the R in LIBERTY. By early 1971 it merged into the tail.
    Later 1971's have them entirely separate as did 1972. In 1973 they were merging again. For many years now they have been separate again.

I wonder if this has any connection to Mrs. Kennedy's original request - "muss his hair up." Gilroy Roberts took this to mean decrease the hair part and add hair highlights.
  • Options
    My 5 Clad Sets are at the Post Office awaiting my pickup. I think I'll sell or give them away to anyone with any
    interest at work. The pics on here don't look so great. I think I regret buying these Clad pieces of _____.
  • Options
    Well I picked up the Clad Kennedys along with a BU HOF Silver $1. The Kennedys are not impressive at all. I think a person
    is better off to just stick with the regular annual Mint Set.

The BU HOF Silver $1 has a few too many scratches on it. I think Im gonna pack em all up and returm em Monday.
    Based on the nothingness of the Clad Kennedys, I'm passing on the Silver and Gold versions.
  • Options
    But if your a variety collector of Kennedys you'll need the 2 coin set 'cuz they are different from the business strikes.

My est. ship date is going the way of the HOF's: Started as 9/6 then went to 8/2 and today is 8/19. Not getting them graded, just for the collection.

• Options
    The end is near. These are on a shopping network. ANACS SP69, the set of 2 for $99.95. You should hear the hype..."we have sold over 1,000 of these so far" How many employees, friends, paid order placers and relatives @ 5 per house hold limit did they need to sell over a thousand sets so far?

• Options
    Seems slow-to-no presales on ebay for the gold coins. Wonder if people are slow to buy after the long delays from the HOF, lack of interest in the coin (& price) are excluding many people, or some combination of the 2?
  • Options
    I'm trying to watch for them on the tv

How many did they say they had in stock?

• Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭
    Yes I ordered mine and got them today. I am impressed with the quality actually. They are better than the Unc's from mint sets.

Here is a 64 Proof to compare with..

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    I think they said high 800's left....sold 1200 already at last look before I went for food

764 left just now

• Options
    They started with 1964 first day of issue sets

How?

They are calling them "satin finish" and saying they have only SP69 and no SP70.

Also calling them "accented hair."

1274 sold

• Options
    They had the coveted presentation gold plated state and national park quarters full sets for $99.95 on when I couldnt take it any more and left

• Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭
    I went to the website and watched the video - I about pee myself laughing!!1
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but may trade a clad bicentennial Ike dollar for the set, at a later date. image
    …. image or…

maybe a Susan B. Anthony dollar. image
  • Options
    If you can find a 2014 DDO Lincoln you could trade for anything out there. A real deal - anything you want for just 1 cent!

That does it, tomorrow I'm going to look for a couple rolls of 2014 Lincolns. As a matter of fact I'll go get a bunch of rolls of
    everything they want to hand over. I think I'm in the mood to do some low budget t-hunting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file