Home Precious Metals

Haven't stacked in a while ... roll call

LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
Who's stacking? I thought we'd be above 1500 / 25 by now. Even thought I might sell in the near future. Seems we are sliding downhill instead. Good time to buy?

(I know some will answer "always" - I'm looking to the rest of you who don't stack regardless of spot)
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I stack when I have the available funds. I bought 20oz of silver a couple weeks ago. I think we're just going to stall around $19-21 for a while but that's just my guess.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we're just going to stall around $19-21 for a while but that's just my guess. >>

Feels like we been there since February 2013, no?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worried about how the market is doing. Still stacking.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped trying to "catch the falling silver knife" about 8 month ago. But will wet my whistle when there is a deal that can't be passed up.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I stopped trying to "catch the falling silver knife" about 8 month ago. But will wet my whistle when there is a deal that can't be passed up.

No you wont, cuz I've offered multiple "deals" since then (all of which have sold in a timely manner here) and never go so much as a hello from you. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for lower. Next year or so. No rush.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Still stacking...walkers, 1/10 age's, pucks.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot...getting senile....still accumulating the 5 oz "P" & bullion pucks....No longer interested in common bullion rounds or bars.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Still in lazy accumulation. Take care. jws
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in "holding" mode right now. I've been putting money into home renovations lately. I have been tempted in getting a few of those Geiger bars.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    I'm saving up my money for the new Pink Floyd album coming in the fall.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little bit this year. Big old peso a couple weeks ago was probably my spring/summer buy. Like downtown74, house projects and some vacation action have been in play.
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Still stacking Geiger 10oz and kilo silver bars, but, have also started buying more numismatic gold coins ($50 Pesos and modern Mint gold).
    Im trying to buy 300-400 ozs of silver and 3-5 ozs of gold ($10-15k) each year for the next 15-20 years.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Been getting mostly sterling scrap at .50 a gram...
    I ordered one of the new 10oz RCM bars and a small gold round from APMEX yesterday. Seemed too good a deal to pass.

I've been thinking about giving myself an annual quota, but the lack of restrictions has been working for me thus far. I stack when I'm able and a good deal presents itself.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up 3 rolls of silver. nothing bit
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent my ebay bucks on a tube of the $23.50 ASEs APMEX is offering on ebay.

Holding off on the new 10 oz RCM silver bars until they are in stock and hopefully at a wee bit lower price.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Do you prefer rounds? Because the bars are cheaper per ounce at $222.80. Of course there's shipping and tax ... which sucks. I hope to find some on a bourse this Fall.

Edited to add the 80¢
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you prefer rounds? Because the bars are cheaper per ounce at $222.80. Of course there's shipping and tax ... which sucks. I hope to find some on a bourse this Fall.

Edited to add the 80¢ >>

I prefer what i perceive to be quality PM products. I do so because I believe my eventual buyer(s) will desire what they perceive to be quality PM products. This is the reason for high premiums on certain products. My first preference is always American Eagles/Gold Buffalos. My second preference is certified older US gold coins. Bars are not high on my list but I have no problem with RCM bars.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still stacking Geiger 10oz and kilo silver bars, but, have also started buying more numismatic gold coins ($50 Pesos and modern Mint gold).
    Im trying to buy 300-400 ozs of silver and 3-5 ozs of gold ($10-15k) each year for the next 15-20 years. >>

Party a Zub's house in 20 years! image
    I'm always down for a party.

I don't perceive a difference between the marketability of ASE and RCM in today's commerce. I believe that used to be very true but now, not so much. Maple Leafs sell like hot cakes and probably outsell ASE on eBay from time to time. Certainly they draw higher markups with all the privy marks and reverse proof varietals.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Haven't bought in a month. Funds are going into a 600 watt solar setup on my RV camper. I do have an ad for my previous RV will trade for guns or silver......
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Still stacking Geiger 10oz and kilo silver bars, but, have also started buying more numismatic gold coins ($50 Pesos and modern Mint gold).
    Im trying to buy 300-400 ozs of silver and 3-5 ozs of gold ($10-15k) each year for the next 15-20 years. >>

Party a Zub's house in 20 years! image >>

Or his ex wifes!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the Mint PM stuff, and the pucks/U.S. bullion from dealers with the deals when the Mint issues them. Dollar-cost averaging that way despite the premiums, and the once-in-awhile numismatic low-mintage scores. May be a dumb plan, but it's a plan, and serves my collectors compulsions.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm always down for a party.

I don't perceive a difference between the marketability of ASE and RCM in today's commerce. I believe that used to be very true but now, not so much. Maple Leafs sell like hot cakes and probably outsell ASE on eBay from time to time. Certainly they draw higher markups with all the privy marks and reverse proof varietals. >>

I'm waiting for the U.S. Mint to start producing 5 and 10 ounce bars.
    I have a 10oz bar from the San Francisco US Assay office. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong places?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 10oz bar from the San Francisco US Assay office. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong places? >>

I was thinking along the lines of the new bars forthcoming from the RCM. Is the SF Mint/assay office producing silver bars at competitive prices now?
    I think they stopped producing them long ago. I think the office was closed and so these are old collectible bars. I'm not sure it was a gift so I didn't do any research-before-purchase sort of thing. I was just trying to point out that there are SOME official US fed gov silver bars on the market.

Edit: from Wikipedia, "From 1962 to 1988, the San Francisco Mint was officially an assay office; the San Francisco Assay Office was granted mint status again on March 31, 1988"
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't afford to stack, what with all the inflation in prices

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Whoops...see below.
  • I've actually been buying some copper rounds during these leaner times of mine. Attractive, and good as gifts. Got a terrific Molon Labe coming in from Amagimetals, several others with babes on them.

Keeps things interesting.
    Welcome, Argentum. I'd be careful about too many copper rounds. Yeah, they might be kinda fun but when you try to liquidate - you won't be happy. And long before that, you'll begin to wonder where to put them, or why you bought them.

I've had some of the same kinds of thoughts, so I do understand the attraction.

I knew it would happen.
  • jmski:

I am fully aware of how tenuous copper is. I buy a few just because they appeal to me on a visual level. I expect no gain from any of them. Just for fun, as I intimated.

Thank you for the welcome!
    Nice username! image

#latinisawesome
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    I have not stacked in over 2 years. Let some gold go last year at 1425. Prices in
    equilibrium here, not enticing me.
  • Found a window of funds, so I've purchased 20 1/2 oz. Sunshines from JMB. Still padding my first 100 ounces. image
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Party a Zub's house in 20 years! image >>

I'll honor that request!!! Party at Zubie's House, July 1, 2034. That my be my retirement party as well, so, its gonna be huge! I'll send out an evite so you can save the date!!!image
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    Don't think we won't hold you to it Zubie. If most of us aren't worm food by then.....
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Today: Provident Metals. Armenian Noah's Ark ('14); Australian Kookaburra; Morgan round; several copper rounds, especially liking the Molon Labe's. image
    Found a window of funds, so I've purchased 20 1/2 oz. Sunshines from JMB. Still padding my first 100 ounces. image

I agree that the coolness factor is very high on this, but what is the buy-sell spread on these? When you start stacking, it's hard to resist novelty and coolness, no doubt about it. On other hand, keep in mind that one day these will be sold in order to generate some cash. Hopefully you'll be able to keep adding to the stack for a long time, and along the way it's always fun to snag a few really cool things that give you satisfaction & pleasure.

As the process continues, you'll prune some items in order to buy others. That's a natural sequence. Just be sure to keep in mind the ability to recapture all or most of the value when you eventually decide to sell it.

Hey, got a pic? I'd like to see some of those 1/2 ozers!image

I knew it would happen.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    little by little
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    sold the truck i was gonna back up and bought a VW Jetta TDI .
    the savings is gas (mileage went from <20 to >40) allows for a few short stacks here and there.
    this weekend is a search opportunity
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk