Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody here on Topps Bunt?

Signed up a week ago and really enjoying it. Basically all the things I loved about cards as a kid except with a much larger trading base. Anyone else on it?

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard about it. I'll have to check it out now.
  • Options
    Apple-only image Hopefully they'll have an Android version soon.
  • Options
    jasoneggertjasoneggert Posts: 486 ✭✭
    I have been using it. Pretty fun.

Haven't done any trades yet.

my username is Bums42

-Jason
  • Options
    What is it?
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to upload it on my phone but I have to figure out how to update my OS. I can't believe what some of these virtual cards have fetched on eBay. However, it seems like lots of people are getting hooked on it.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larkin, they have a Droid app for it now. I have Droid and have it so it's out there somewhere.

Basically, the app allows you to do a few different things:

1.) Collect virtual cards, buy packs, trade with others in the app, etc.

2.) Play the game for points. When you pull a player's card from a pack you can put them into your lineup. They score points based on how they perform. Points are also determined by which version of the card you have -- White (common), Green (uncommon), Red (Rare), Silver (Scarce), Gold (Super Rare). Obviously, the Gold are the toughest to pull from a pack and the White are the easiest. The game works in real-time so you can shift players in and out between at bats or innings. Sort of like combining card collecting with fantasy baseball.

There's also inserts and sig cards and each card has it's print run on the back. Print runs will increase as cards are pulled and then once the card sells out they're no longer available in packs and you have to trade for them.

Seems like it's pretty popular with the oyunger generation (which is always good) but I'm enjoying it a lot as well. Don't remember the last time I had as much fun with the hobby as when I put together the base set.
  • Options
    I finished the 2014 base set but would like to put together the 2012 and 2013 sets as well so if anyone has dupes of those years and wants to grab some cards from 2014 shoot me a message. My ID is Arthur1941
  • Options
    Why would people spend $600 for a virtual card? Are there prizes that can be won or it simply competition and wanting to win the fantasy league?
  • Options
    Hadn't seen a sale for $600. The most I've seen was for a limited sig card when it first came out for around $100. There are prizes and bonuses for pulling cards or completing subsets. Usually, the cards can be bought on ebay for cheap after the deadline passes. I'm more of a collector than a game player so the market is working in my favor at the moment. But I mostly just bust packs. I've spent $3 total on ebay for the cards.

But they give you coins when you sign up as well as a daily bonus for signing in and a weekly bonus for signing in 7 days in a row so you're perfectly capable of collecting/playing for zero money out-of-pocket. Then it just depends on how involved you want to get.
  • Options
    In rechecking, it looks like they were auctions for a large lot of digital cards. Here's one that went for $500 for 7 cards.

Bunt Auction
  • Options

<< <i>Larkin, they have a Droid app for it now. I have Droid and have it so it's out there somewhere. >>

Yep, found it on Google Play. I wonder why Topps doesn't advertise it on their website and the link only goes to the Apps Store?

Topps Apps
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I started playing in May or so of this year and it's a lot of fun. Never thought I could get into digital cards, but really enjoy the accessibility. The playing for points and getting points is fun and somewhat addicting, but also secondary. I am about 40 cards short of the base set right now.

I wish there were more options for viewing the collection (e.g., sort by color and then last name, or sort by team and then name and then color). Right now you get to basically choose just one sort option and then it's random.

I'd recommend checking it out. It's free to start and you get free coins to buy packs every day you go back.

My user name is ESQUIRESPORTS.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    The Android app has to be new. I installed it on my wife's iPad at the beginning of the season because there wasn't one for my Android phone.
    I started playing the game for about a week and that was about it. I never have the iPad anymore in my possession and always forget about it.
    But thank you for letting me know about the Android app. I just installed it.
    Question... these cards are always digital.. right? for example the cards being sold on ebay.. it's for digital cards, right?
  • Options
    Weird.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    My 15 year old son got me into it last year. He got to be pretty good at the trading aspect and had a huge collection at one point - all the sigs, special inserts, etc. He was named Fan of the Week a few months ago and when that happens they interview you and make a "Fan's Choice" card with your favorite player on it. He's a Brandon Beachy fan so that's why there's a Beachy Fan's Choice card this year. It's actually kind of fun. I enjoyed it more last year than this year because it seems there are just too many inserts to chase this year. I still collect my daily coins and bust packs with those though.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My 15 year old son got me into it last year. He got to be pretty good at the trading aspect and had a huge collection at one point - all the sigs, special inserts, etc. He was named Fan of the Week a few months ago and when that happens they interview you and make a "Fan's Choice" card with your favorite player on it. He's a Brandon Beachy fan so that's why there's a Beachy Fan's Choice card this year. It's actually kind of fun. I enjoyed it more last year than this year because it seems there are just too many inserts to chase this year. I still collect my daily coins and bust packs with those though. >>

That's an awesome story! It's great to see such an active collecting app. Before I started playing, I thought digital cards were strange too. I would never imagine actually paying for a digital card. Well, $100 later... Hah. There is something really enjoyable
    About having a card collection on my mobile device. Nice card designs with great photography.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    I have to say, there's something nice about not paying shipping and getting your card 5 minutes after payment.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I downloaded the app a few weeks ago and never activated until now - thanks for the reminder

OK, I just went through the setup, have 1 pack so far but it won't let me drag anyone into the game - what am I doing wrong? I can drag it to the box, the box gets the yellow square around it and then it just bounces back to where it was.

tried it 30 times so far LOL

edit - nm I figured it out

Just bought 2 of the 200 coin rookie packs and got a gold Puig in each pack - is that normal?

• Options

<< <i>I downloaded the app a few weeks ago and never activated until now - thanks for the reminder

OK, I just went through the setup, have 1 pack so far but it won't let me drag anyone into the game - what am I doing wrong? I can drag it to the box, the box gets the yellow square around it and then it just bounces back to where it was.

tried it 30 times so far LOL

edit - nm I figured it out

Just bought 2 of the 200 coin rookie packs and got a gold Puig in each pack - is that normal? >>

I think the Puig gold cards are not "Super Rare". Might be a hook to make you think pulling good cards will be easy. When I first started I "bought" 3 packs and got 4 Puig Gold cards.

-Jason
  • Options
    Yeah, if you look on the back of any card, next to the rarity designation (common, uncommon, rare, scarce, super rare) will be the print run for that card. Just because it says Super Rare doesn't mean it is. The gold Puig/Trout/Pedroia/Jeter/Miggy/McCutch, as well as the Men of Action subset, are basically all white commons. They're more produced than any other card because they load the rookie packs with them. You won't be able to get squat for them in a trade.
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Anyone want to trade? Nothing special just basically base cards for base cards.
  • Options
    You got any 2012/2013 dups? I've still got a few holes to fill with those on the base sets.