Home Precious Metals

1985 graded GOLD Panda Values

Hey guys,

A friend just got 3 fresh graded 100 YN Gold Pandas graded PCGS MS68 that I may be interested in buying, I realize the melt value, but wholesale wise what's the premium on them if any?

Thanks

JG
JG Numismatics
Check out:
coinsinnh.com
or just type in JGnumismatics into google
PCGS/NGC Authorized Dealer
CAC Authorized Dealer
ANA Member
CSNS Member
FUN Member
Roundtable Trading member

References: USMarine6,Commoncents05,Timbuk3, lunytune2,Goldcoin98, and many more

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they are worth more sealed in the ogp plastic than slabbed at MS -68 . $1400 tops image
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    no one buys pcgs pandas at premium, nor any 68's...
    let me rephrase that... no one who buys pandas, buys pcgs, or 68's at a premium...lol
    keceph `anah
  • PeacePeoplePeacePeople Posts: 106 ✭✭

<< <i>no one buys pcgs pandas at premium, nor any 68's...
    let me rephrase that... no one who buys pandas, buys pcgs, or 68's at a premium...lol >>

To be fair, it seems US buyers of Pandas are buying the more recent release pandas in PCGS. That just tells me that they're kind of ready to implode, but you might see it differently.

Did you get your mail?
    Nevermind...
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    implode is right ... lol .
    mail? u send me some pcgs pandas?...
    keceph `anah
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandas = bullion.... the seller might want to recoup his grading fees....Cheers, RickO
  • JGnumismaticsJGnumismatics Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I didn't buy them yet, and I do need to inform the seller of his mistake haha. I figured the same, but they were already sent out when I discovered them. I've come to find that most foreign gold, minus the maple leafs and a few others carries very little premium as many have suggested in the U.S. So would you guys agree that at most they're worth a $25-$50 premium over melt or not even that?

Thanks
    JG Numismatics
    Check out:
    coinsinnh.com
    or just type in JGnumismatics into google
    PCGS/NGC Authorized Dealer
    CAC Authorized Dealer
    ANA Member
    CSNS Member
    FUN Member
    Roundtable Trading member

References: USMarine6,Commoncents05,Timbuk3, lunytune2,Goldcoin98, and many more

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the guy is a friend he might be insulted by a low seeming offer , it might be best to pass in a way that suggests to him he should never tear one out of its little envelope and get it graded.

Note that there are varieties in some years that might be worth slabbing. Large date small date blah blah.

Some links

gold panda mintages

china coins forum

You could make a post on this section and get a better idea

china coins forum"whats it worth" section
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melt for all three, plus a single $20 add as a good will gesture..... Cheers, RickO
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the 1985 doesn't command a premium. And I agree with the others. Coins in the original plastic sell for more. Panda collectors are looking for the elusive MS-70s. I had a 2003 1/2 oz that I sold for $1250. An MS-70 was going for $5000. I had a buyer who returned the coin. There was a tiny tiny scratch he noticed so he knew he couldn't get an MS-70 grade on it.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless their sealed, they don't command much of a premium
    even if they are graded, especially in the 68-69 range.
    Timbuk3