Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's that time of the month...avatar upload day!

Does anyone actually have this option available to them? The webmaster was able to restore my icon and manually upload it to my profile, however, it does not appear in the list of available icons so each time I update my signature I get the dreaded blurry penny. Also, the option to upload a new avatar is gone. Just wondering if there is anyone who still does have this option. I'm curious if it's a universal issue or just me and tsalems.
The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases

Comments

• Options
    Universal
  • Options
    Meh!
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    I remember back in the day we had to wait for a specific, single day of the month to change our avatar. Only on that day could you change it, and that was after trudging through 8 inches of snow... uphill, both ways and submitting it to the mods. None of this "change it on a whim" crap like all the kids are doing these days!

GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember back in the day we had to wait for a specific, single day of the month to change our avatar. Only on that day could you change it, and that was after trudging through 8 inches of snow... uphill, both ways and submitting it to the mods. None of this "change it on a whim" crap like all the kids are doing these days!

GET OFF MY LAWN! >>

Yes, this is the proverbial 15th...
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    If you have a Mac and are using Safari:

Select the "Develop" menu option
    Select "User Agent"
    Select "IE 10"

you will now have the option to upload. I posted this before
  • Options

<< <i>If you have a Mac and are using Safari:

Select "User Agent"
    Select "IE 10"

you will now have the option to upload. I posted this before >>

Have you tried this recently? I'm only asking because I have tried in IE10 on two different PCs and on Chrome in two different PCs and on my Android mobile device to no avail.

When I was conversing with the Webmaster, he mentioned that there is a known problem with Apple devices on the site. I don't use an Apple device, however.
  • Options
    The upload option in gone plain and simple. I'm no tech nerd but I don't think it matters what computer or system you're using if it's not there. It's a problem with the site.
  • Options
    I heard back from the webmaster and it's officially changed back to once a month on the 15th for avatar uploads. Time to get rid of the blurry penny...
  • Options

<< <i>I heard back from the webmaster and it's officially changed back to once a month on the 15th for avatar uploads. Time to get rid of the blurry penny... >>

So my suspicions were correct. Did he say why they went back to that?
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Forgot about adding new avatars, never really change it that often.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I heard back from the webmaster and it's officially changed back to once a month on the 15th for avatar uploads. Time to get rid of the blurry penny... >>

So my suspicions were correct. Did he say why they went back to that? >>

Negative, he did not give a reason for making the change back.
  • Options

<< <i>Forgot about adding new avatars, never really change it that often. >>

I wasn't actually planning to change mine. I just wanted to update my signature line and then it removed my already uploaded image, and by removed I mean it was no longer available from the drop-down list. So that means if I update my signature, blurry penny or pick another default icon. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it keeps my icon in the list going forward so that I can change my signature more than once a month.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I hate change. I've had the same avatar since I joined. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I hate change. I've had the same avatar since I joined. image >>

I change mine as much as my underwear.
  • Options

<< <i>

I change mine as much as my underwear. >>

Matt, you're back!!! That is the one I remember you using when I first joined, LOL.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried for quite some time to update mine but everytime I do the picture is to large.

A few moments ago I emailed myself some photos from my phone that were under the 50 size and they were tilted sideways and not able to be rotated.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a work around?

Thanks.

• Options

<< <i>I have tried for quite some time to update mine but everytime I do the picture is to large.

A few moments ago I emailed myself some photos from my phone that were under the 50 size and they were tilted sideways and not able to be rotated.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a work around?

Thanks. >>

Sent a PM.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Matt, you're back!!! That is the one I remember you using when I first joined, LOL. >>

Yes sir! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Matt, you're back!!! That is the one I remember you using when I first joined, LOL. >>

Yes sir! image >>

I see what you did. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    DezHoodDezHood Posts: 145
    Can anyone confirm a problem with Safari? I use a Mac and it says current browser "Netscape 5" and doesn't give me an option to upload an avatar. Thanks.
  • Options
    Here is what was recommended by another member further up in this thread. I don't use a Mac to try it...

Select "User Agent"
    Select "IE 10"

<< <i>Can anyone confirm a problem with Safari? I use a Mac and it says current browser "Netscape 5" and doesn't give me an option to upload an avatar. Thanks. >>

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    WE HAVE TO GO BACK!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Thanks lawnmowerman and dytch2220!!!

After over four years on the boards I finally have a pic image

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I can never change mine. Ya'll won't know what to do without seeing Richie Rich chilling in the bath tub!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks lawnmowerman and dytch2220!!!

After over four years on the boards I finally have a pic image >>

Woohoo!
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY! AVATAR DAY!
    I didn't want to post anything with out an AVATAR.
    AND it is a pain for us Mac Users chasing preferences just to upload, BUT it works.
    Now if I only had something to say.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    I won't change my avatar anytime soon. I mean really....what could top this? image
  • Options

No worries. That drink looks great! It's making me thirsty haha
  • Options

<< <i>

No worries. That drink looks great! It's making me thirsty haha >>

I will be having one of those in just a few hours at happy hour! Grey Goose Le Orange on the rocks.

If you like vodka their new flavor Le Melon is unreal. I am jealous of these college dudes that have flavored vodka's to give to the chicks. What an invention! I promise I didn't make it to strong. LOL

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Back up!!! Wooooo!!!!!!!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Can anyone confirm a problem with Safari? I use a Mac and it says current browser "Netscape 5" and doesn't give me an option to upload an avatar. Thanks. >>

Mine says that too. And screw all you guys! I hate changing avatars! How am I supposed to keep track of who's who?? As mesapsa would say:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Mine says that too. And screw all you guys! I hate changing avatars! How am I supposed to keep track of who's who?? As mesapsa would say:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

+1

I wish only one member could use each avatar as well.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

This claim is not entirely accurate, is it, now, Michael..

I have had the large cent for eons; I think it may be time to chnage it, but I'm afriad no one will know it's me, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I have had the large cent for eons; I think it may be time to chnage it, but I'm afriad no one will know it's me, LOL.. >>

Use a pic of the massive pile of '78 racks and we'll know.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have had the large cent for eons; I think it may be time to chnage it, but I'm afriad no one will know it's me, LOL.. >>

Use a pic of the massive pile of '78 racks and we'll know. >>

I changed my pic like 5 times and finally settled on the 74 wax tray~I feel like a different person now! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    You too Tim???
  • Options

<< <i>You too Tim??? >>

C'mon Dan. All the cool kids are doing it...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Use a pic of the massive pile of '78 racks and we'll know. >>

I changed my pic like 5 times and finally settled on the 74 wax tray~I feel like a different person now!

image >>

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    Thanks to both of you for this. It worked. I just uploaded my avatar. I appreciate it.

<< <i>Here is what was recommended by another member further up in this thread. I don't use a Mac to try it...

Select "User Agent"
    Select "IE 10"

>>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks lawnmowerman and dytch2220!!! >>

Worked for me. I finally have a pic. Yay! And sorry for double post - I guess I got too excited image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks lawnmowerman and dytch2220!!! >>

Worked for me. I finally have a pic. Yay! And sorry for double post - I guess I got too excited image >>

Woohoo!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I will be having one of those in just a few hours at happy hour! Grey Goose Le Orange on the rocks.

If you like vodka their new flavor Le Melon is unreal. I am jealous of these college dudes that have flavored vodka's to give to the chicks. What an invention! I promise I didn't make it to strong. LOL >>

They didn't have this flavored at my local bar, but I had them mix melon liqueur and Grey Goose for me just now. Me likey...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you like vodka their new flavor Le Melon is unreal. I am jealous of these college dudes that have flavored vodka's to give to the chicks. What an invention! I promise I didn't make it to strong. LOL >>

They didn't have this flavored at my local bar, but I had them mix melon liqueur and Grey Goose for me just now. Me likey... >>

Le Melon

I live in Florida and they have it at ABC Liquor and Total Wine which are the two big retailers in my area. A few restaurant/bars I have been to have it as well but it is just rolling out.

You can drink it straight on the rocks or mix water or soda water and it is fantastic. My wife mixed it with a Sparkling Ice Coconut Pineapple and loved it.

• Options

<< <i>

This claim is not entirely accurate, is it, now, Michael.. >>

O.K., I changed colors, but my avatar is still the same and I'm the only one. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They didn't have this flavored at my local bar, but I had them mix melon liqueur and Grey Goose for me just now. Me likey... >>

Le Melon

I live in Florida and they have it at ABC Liquor and Total Wine which are the two big retailers in my area. A few restaurant/bars I have been to have it as well but it is just rolling out.

You can drink it straight on the rocks or mix water or soda water and it is fantastic. My wife mixed it with a Sparkling Ice Coconut Pineapple and loved it. >>

I'm definitely going to try out the real deal.

The bartender and I sort of invented a new drink as a spin-off from this last night. I call it the "ManGoose". Mango + Grey Goose. Since I'm down here in South Texas near Mexico it's a popular flavor to add into drinks. Also, since mango is pronounced "mon-go" in Spanish as opposed to "main-go" like most people do in English, the drink is pronounced "mon-goose" like the animal, although spelled differently. Here's how we made it...
      1) Coat the edge of the glass with Maraschino Cherry juice.2) Rim the glass with Trechas chile powder.3) Mix Grey Goose, Mango Juice, Mango Puree & Mango Liqueur. Not sure how many parts of each.4) Serve on the rocks
    It was delicious, I consumed many of them. image Here is a pic for your enjoyment!

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Today is the day, folks! Change your avatar now or you'll regret it for a month! image
  • Options
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    I guess the avatar change day is closed on Saturdays? does this mean it will be open on Monday?