Home U.S. Coin Forum

Baltimore NEWP

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
I did not attend the last Baltimore show but still managed to buy a coin (Actually two, but I only have an image of one) image

This example was an upgrade for my type set. I loved the album toning on this example. It came from Dave Weygant who I understand is not doing well. He was telling people that it will be his last show. My dealer friend looked it over and picked it up for me.

I am hoping Dave the best but the news does not look too good.

Here is the coin: PCGS MS65 CAC

All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is sad news abut Dave, one of the good guys with a great eye for exceptional coins.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Ankur.
    Posted many times here and still one of my favorites. Purchased From DW and wishing him well.

• magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    I do not know Mr. Weygant - best wishes of course.

That coin - simply and totally beautiful.

Eric
  • Dave is a great guy who has fought his illness with great dignity. I am sorry to hear about this setback.
    No good deed goes unpunished

carolinacollectorcoins.com
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Love the color on that one. Looks like a great addition.

Mike
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Ankur!

I was glad to be able to chat with Dave in Batimore -
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin Ankur
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin...would love to see that one in hand.
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super nice coin, AnkurJ!!! That color is fantastic!!!!!

I never met Dave in person but have corresponded with him via phone & email. He has been involved in collecting, since the sixties and has been a dealer for almost 25 years.

So sad to hear of his health issues-----I wish him the BEST.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that Dave will be at Summer FUN for those who would like to see him -
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely H10C and one I almost bought myself. image
  • littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭
    David is truly a gentleman and one who will share his knowledge and expertise with anyone. He is a pleasure to talk to, whether you are buying or selling, or just chatting. (I have done all three with him, and have always been treated with the utmost respect.) I wish him the very best and will keep him in our prayers.

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    I have known Dave and his absolutely lively wife...always Mrs. Weygant...for over 20 years. He has always had a great eye...Walkers or Type...Dave has a great eye and always a genuinely nice person.

Dave and Mrs. Weygant....I sure hope to see you soon. My prayers are and have been with you both.

Mike Printz
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • I have only been able to make one major show and that was 3 years ago.

I stopped at Dave's table and had a nice conversation with him and his wife. Every coin I chose to look at ended up being way out of my league, but he did not mind. He was very nice and only one of three dealers who seemed interested in speaking with a newbie. I have always checked his site since and still have his card.

I am not sure what is going on but I hope it turns out well for them. Had it not been for a few like him I may not have enjoyed my trip so much and stayed in the hobby.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My understanding is that Dave will be at Summer FUN for those who would like to see him - >>

I hope you're correct. My friend told me he was consigning all unsold coins to Heritage.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely one of the good guys. He's had lots of eye candy on his site and I did purchase this one from him some time back:

PCGS MS-62:

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet looking' HD!
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful.

And good luck to Dave
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Shrub68Shrub68 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    I also had a conversation with David in Baltimore. and the message was the same. Airlines won't allow all of the oxygen necessary for him to travel. David has been a great friend to me in this business, and we always joked that we had the same taste in coins. David, I will miss your humor and friendship. As promised, we prayed for you in church on Sunday, and I will continue to so! Jim
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    John of CRO...thanks for the heads up. I'll stop by and see David while I am there.

.... Oops, sorry.... Ankur, that's a fantastic Dime !!
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • csdotcsdot Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I am mistaken, that half dime is currently on eBay.

1861 half dime on eBay

I had it saved (or "watched" on eBay). While I thought his $1,250 asking price was a little steep, I still think it is a nice specimen. As you have reported the seller is ill, I am guessing the seller hasn't had an opportunity to take it down yet.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I will send him an email. Thanks for letting me know. The coin is in my possession.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beauty, Ankur!
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file