Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hopefully not the case...

But a major auction company "may" have misplaced several of my cards image

The call yesterday was not encouraging.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Now THAT SUCKS!!!!!!

Best of luck ... keep us informed.

If they ARE "lost", I hope you tell us which auction house it is.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Less than 1k value...they were ungraded to be graded by PSA.
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I hate when I hear stuff like this. How can that happens in this day and age? Let's us know who it is if possible.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

• << <i>Less than 1k value...they were ungraded to be graded by PSA. >>

I have a feeling they got graded and came back much better than expected. A $500 9 can be a $10000+ 10.

Out the auction house. There are a couple with very nasty histories and I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

before jumping the gun "bigmac"... they are VERY reputable (IMO) and i have heard of no such problems with them and have used them exclusively for the last 3 years. I have done registry sets with them worth more than these cards. Yes it would be difficult to replace 4 of the cards i sent them due to their "possible" NM TO NM/MT condition and rarity (IMO). Of course PSA could grade these all 5's as well and it would have wasted the auction house time and money fronting for me to get these graded and a waste of my time by submitting them.

Another reason i had them submit was to see if they really got better grades than me. That question has already been answered!!image
  • JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Do you have any recourse on something like this?
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.

• << <i>before jumping the gun "bigmac"... they are VERY reputable (IMO) and i have heard of no such problems with them and have used them exclusively for the last 3 years. I have done registry sets with them worth more than these cards. Yes it would be difficult to replace 4 of the cards i sent them due to their "possible" NM TO NM/MT condition and rarity (IMO). Of course PSA could grade these all 5's as well and it would have wasted the auction house time and money fronting for me to get these graded and a waste of my time by submitting them.

Another reason i had them submit was to see if they really got better grades than me. That question has already been answered!!image >>

A lot of people consider many auction houses reputable until the learn the truth.

Well for NOW... THIS auction house is in the clear. It will work itself out to a amicable solution if they have truly been lost. Please just keep the conspiracy theories to yourself.

There is no shooter in the grassy knoll.

• << <i>Well for NOW... THIS auction house is in the clear. It will work itself out to a amicable solution if they have truly been lost. Please just keep the conspiracy theories to yourself.

There is no shooter in the grassy knoll. >>

Conspiracy theories. I chuckled.

Good news!! Cards were located. Short story...auction house did not want a few of my items thinking they would not sell. The person who did the shipping back to me stuck those missing cards in-between a set i gave them. I didn't open that set up until last night as i was just going to send in the set myself to PSA. Lo and behold..here were the cards in the middle of this set.image
  • esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Great outcome and good on you for not outing the auction house. That was taking the high road and being professional.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad it all worked out.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.