Home Precious Metals

When market bubbles take on a religious fervor.....

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
.....Housing, precious metals, equities, tulips, it doesn't matter.

The point comes when the devotees are locked into a mindset where dissenters become a threat and are labeled as heretics. As if there very existence is a threat to the irrational bubbles continuation.

Fact is, those that think independently often soften the inevitable crash as they buy the damaged assets from the frightened masses. Albeit at a greatly discounted price.

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I'm refreshed and challenged by another MGL unique point of view, it sounds like English, but I can't understand a damn word you're saying.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Let me rephrase, Opa. Folks get locked into a sharp market move. Afraid that if they cash out they will miss additional profit, but also fearing that the investment will crash. They try to get everyone to think the same way as them, as that provides reassurance that they are doing the right thing.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me rephrase, Opa. Folks get locked into a sharp market move. Afraid that if they cash out they will miss additional profit, but also fearing that the investment will crash. They try to get everyone to think the same way as them, as that provides reassurance that they are doing the right thing. >>

What sharp market move are you referring to? PM's...so far minor moves. Stock market..slow and steady moves. Agree, we are overdue for a correction. Again, not sure what "sharp" moves your alluding to in another of your non PM related threads.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The psychological role in investing. Interesting concept. image

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear