Home Precious Metals

Well silver is at $20.18 and I'm still in lazy accumulatiom...

mode. Now I'm sitting here wondering if I should have been more aggressive. Will it continue it's upward surge, or will we see $18+ again? Take care. jws

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mode. Now I'm sitting here wondering if I should have been more aggressive. Will it continue it's upward surge, or will we see $18+ again? Take care. jws >>

Predicting markets is never easy, especially when so few control the money flow.

One thing is certain though, the US money supply has increased 5 fold in 6 years. Silver production has not.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No short term predictions during this tumultuous period... could go either way... dramatically. Besides, my predictions are usually wrong. image Cheers, RickO
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Many are suspicious of the silver market due to the nature of there being more paper silver than above ground silver, leading to market manipulation. I have no prediction regarding silver, just caution as others have said, it could go either way. I think the end of the month may be interesting for metals.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Many are suspicious of the silver market due to the nature of there being more paper silver than above ground silver, leading to market manipulation. I have no prediction regarding silver, just caution as others have said, it could go either way. I think the end of the month may be interesting for metals. >>

I have a prediction: Paper futures will not always dictate the price of real silver. I'm buying while it does.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501

"I have a prediction: Paper futures will not always dictate the price of real silver. I'm buying while it does" derryb.

Definitely food for thought, and as an added bonus, metal outlasts paper. Take care. jws
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Idk. I'm thinking of buying $40-50 fv of 90% here pretty soon. Been getting the silver itch.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    The question is not how good will you feel if it goes up after you buy. But how much you can take if it drops after you buy.
    It seems like the middle of the road time. Its not rock bottom (and it could be) but its no where near the highs it was.
    If you bought silver at $30 plus, then you know how this feels.
    -Could you take it if it went down a few bucks more? Because it might.
    -Do you have enough recovery time
    -Are you saving the money you could be buying with, so you can make a purchase?
    -Are you doing it for long term protection against the economy dropping?
    -Are you doing it because you love stacking?
    -Will it hurt you financially if you buy now and it goes down for a few years?

So, how much of any of the above out weights how you would feel if it climbed sharply and you did not get in on it
    soon enough? There is risk in anything you do with your money now. CD's, mutual funds, stock, real estate, or simply spending it.
    If you really don't want any risk to worry about, this is not such a good venture to be in, whatever your reasons.
    Count on it going up and down a few more times.
    COA
    Has $20.59 perked you up a bit?

• I got a gut feeling that after we make a move on Iraq silver will be back at 18.50 to 19.00. Just me 2 cents
  • AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

Short term folly
    This is just another play before chopping the unwise off at the knees
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I think the summer lows are yet to come. But the current price isn't unattractive.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
    Very interesting day so far. I'd like to hear a chartist,{is that a word}opinion. Take care. jws

<< <i>Very interesting day so far. I'd like to hear a chartist,{is that a word}opinion. Take care. jws >>

A true chartist would have given you a heads up yesterday. image

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two days ago I noted,

Pick your favorite crisis. There are more than a few to choose from. Expect to be blindsided.

This still applies. On the other hand, statistics would have you believe that silver will drop below $18 again at some point. It won't be any time soon, though.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I have been buying all year, I have been sitting on 15k in cash for 2 weeks, I almost went on Monday to buy another 700 in face but did not only because I need to get my son another truck. I wanted to put the 15k in silver and finace the truck or put the 15k in cd's at .03 percent and borrow against them at less than 3 percent. Typical, I have ended up not doing nothing so far.

This year I have paid anywhere from 1580 to 1670 for 90 percent per hundred face. I do not really care if it did go down to 15 as I am still going to buy. I did pick up some Mexican 2.5 pasos the other day at 81 each if I remember correctly. I was surprised to find dates other than 1945 for once. lol
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wading is better than waiting and swimming is better than drowning.
    Well we've seen $21.00 today, to me that's a real good sign that's hard to ignore. Take care. jws
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been quite slack on buying this year. Other projects have been in play.
    My wallet is lighter, but my stack is heavier. Is this bliss?