Home Metal Detecting
Options

One Room School Sites

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many of you have detected on an old One Room School site? None of the schools are there now on the ones I have detected on. I have found them by talking to old timers that went to school there or people that knew of there presents at one time. Some have been found by old directories.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old maps at the library are also a good source..... There are a couple of sites around here... no luck though when MD'ing them.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no luck here either m/d'ing them. or i just couldnt get permission to do it. move on
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H. Glenn Carson, in his classic work Coinshooting, said something like this on the subject (I paraphrase loosely, but still remember large sections of that book):

"If you know where an old schoolhouse like this is located, or used to be located, what are you waiting for? You can read the rest of this book later."

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Never hunted a one-room school site. But have had some good luck at regular schools.