Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm embarrassed , Does anyone else desk look this bad ?

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    No but I kinda wish mine did.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not mine, but only because I keep the bowl loaded with pretzels.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Pretty close... I put my dishes in the sink tho!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Other than needing a fresh donut in the bowl, it looks fine to me!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have a few spots that aren't covered yet.image
  • Options
    lostincoinslostincoins Posts: 4,278
    yup
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    at work AND on the coin front.. it's a problem..

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing you have on your desk which is not on mine are the notes! I have the Canon battery recharger too! The baseball card on my desk is an autographed Warren Spahn. Mine might be a little more cluttered.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cucamonga, it looks like there may be a coin on the floor under your desk. I'd hate to hear it rattle up a vacuum cleaner.
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    JebJeb Posts: 122
    Mine looks just as bad, and I have piles on the floor for the incoming financial reports that have to be summarized. It seems that sometimes I work in a little hole surrounded by paper.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only thing you have on your desk which is not on mine are the notes! I have the Canon battery recharger too! The baseball card on my desk is an autographed Warren Spahn. Mine might be a little more cluttered. >>

Warren Spahn....Now there was a lefty starting pitcher. Chicago White Sox. I watched him pitch lotsa times.
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is the desk?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pistareen, in his bachelor days, would have won hands down. . . . image

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how cucamomga has the screen shot of Smittys desk in the pic !image
    I'm sharing one big long desk with the wifey these days...so far so good image
  • Options
    Ed62Ed62 Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Looks well organized and focused to me.
    Ed
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Looks about normal to me.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    takes a special type of person to understand organized chaos. and i even have a quote for it.

"chaos is order yet undeciphered"

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The only thing you have on your desk which is not on mine are the notes! I have the Canon battery recharger too! The baseball card on my desk is an autographed Warren Spahn. Mine might be a little more cluttered. >>

Warren Spahn....Now there was a lefty starting pitcher. Chicago White Sox. I watched him pitch lotsa times. >>

Well, it would've been the Milwaukee Braves (and before that Boston) and there wouldn't have been interleague play then. Maybe you saw him face off against the Cubs? image

Love the Teddy Ballgame on your desk, Smittys!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and the desk often doesn't exactly end at the edge of the actual furniture. But then again, I suppose I didn't really need to reply.
  • Options

<< <i>.
    takes a special type of person to understand organized chaos. and i even have a quote for it.

. >>

Is that by mathematician John Nash? Russell Crowe played him in the movie. . . . . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but I could not work like that.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to know who's hair it more closely resembles on small dollars, I can't use Susan B. Anthony as the example this time image
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No offense, but I could not work like that. >>

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    No wonder alot of "coinies" are single or divorced LOL
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No wonder a lot of "coinies" are single or divorced LOL >>

You haven't seen the women who come over to play with this guy's coins. image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of silver. image
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all of that money just cluttering up your desk you must be the real Uncle Scrooge on this forum.

QUACK.........which is duck for OINK
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154
    I think my desk is in here somewhere....

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you're not a box of 20 sort of guy lol
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.

. >>

Is that by mathematician John Nash? Russell Crowe played him in the movie. . . . . image >>

even if your question is rhetorical, i'll go ahead and answer. idk whom the quote is by as in 2014, i have been terrible with tracking quotes origins. i went from an A+ to an F- literally overnight.

here is one that i actually tracked in 2014. one of the few - "Coins are the metallic footsteps of the history of nations." William H. Woodin

awe heck. here are a few random ones.

"a wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends"

"i have to be myself, everyone else is taken" i LOVE this one image

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people ....."

"revolutions are the locomotives of history" - the author of this one is too controversial to post, even by me.

"we feel free when we escape, even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire" - eric hoffer (how i wish this weren't true but i've experienced it a few times and it ain't wrong but then again i should post a quote about perceptions following it as imo, nothing is just black or white) you know, the whole peel the onion thing?

well instead of backing out of the last quote, lets go ahead a bit deeper - "losing all hope was freedom" this one has some rather serious ramifications to me. maybe i just don't appreciate it yet?

"Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth" - this one makes me squirm a bit.

and lets go out strong!!!

the greatest victory is that which requires no battle - Sun Tzu

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems from experience my favourite coin dealers always had huge messes in their shops.

Smitty's - can I buy that 1881-S Morgan on your desk, you know, the one that YOU priced at $4.25?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Your desk looks fine, heck almost looks salted or staged with a a few extras. My buddies desk looks like he's got a dead body on it covered in paper. I'll try to get a pic of that.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think my desk is in here somewhere....

image >>

I spy a blue snuggle bunny image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i> "Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth" - this one makes me squirm a bit.

>>

That one messes up the Colonel too.

It's the ones who don't squirm that you have to watch out for. Idiopathic recto-cranial prolapse is a spiritual path we all walk whether we are conscious of it or not . . . . . image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks well organized and focused to me. >>

yes, a wicked nice job
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahaimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks normal to me....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think my desk is in here somewhere....

image >>

I spy a blue snuggle bunny image >>

You auditioning for that tv show?
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Warren Spahn....Now there was a lefty starting pitcher. Chicago White Sox. I watched him pitch lotsa times. >>

Yeah, I only remember him as a Milwaukee Brave. Did he later become a White Sox pitcher?
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options

<< <i>I like how cucamomga has the screen shot of Smittys desk in the pic !image >>

i am still LOL at that

to answer the OP inquiry. my desk goes in waves. some days you are unable to see the actual desk and other days it is completely organized. it is a ratio of 90%-10% out of 365 days, the 10% represents cleaned off. image

as soon as it is cleaned off i am thinking of projects to dig into with my new found space. image

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quite an amusing threadimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coinzip,

pittsburgh kind of guy?

We the Cleveland Browns will rearrange that desk of yours!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, it's a little late as I told my buddy I was going to post his desk so he cleaned it up over the weekend. It did look much better than this.

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file