Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1950 Jefferson on HA

BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
Why is this coin continuing to go up?

Somebody must be hoping to either increase the grade or DCAM.

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "juiced" picture makes it look DCAM.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the "juiced" picture makes it look DCAM. >>

I agree with you.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there is some precident....

According to the Heritage price history on the same page, one sold for $763 with the buyer's fee in April.

About the only thing we know for sure: There are at least 2 bidders on Heritage who really want a PR67CAM 1950 nickel....

(And to think I'm fretting about bidding half that on an 1803 large cent. I need to win the lottery. image )
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices tend to climb when motivated collectors need an item.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    What about resubmitting and going for DCAM
  • Options
    this one is nice also and much less.
    PR67CAM
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the US Mint really understand the cause to the frost contrast effect on proofs back then? Not even in Heritage's alleged enhanced pics, does the reverse appear to have strong frost contrast between the fields and the devices. The two examples I have wouldn't meet PCGS's standards for cameos but they are cameo proofs by my understanding. Only the very first strikes developed this cameo effect and it took years for the US Mint to understand how to manipulate/enhance the dies to produce them on a massive scale. Yes, there is something very special about these early frosted proofs. image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    It closed at $4,112.50 w/BP, so a couple of people must think it will DCAM.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It closed at $4,112.50 w/BP, so a couple of people must think it will DCAM. >>

Internet bidder too.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure a lot of dark areas on the Monticello for a CAM. Did this coin really receive a CAM? The obverse looks ok but the reverse? hmmm

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    I think somebody will be trying to return this one. That's a lot of money for a 1950 PR67CAM considering PCGS price guide is $700.

I actually need one and bid on this one early on. I dropped out when they went past the guide price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file