Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A few not so new NEWPs

The winter and start of spring have been very busy, and I haven't had much time to play coins. I'm just getting time to update my type set with a few purchases from the past 6 months, so I thought I'd share a few ...

1698 Wurzburg (German State) 3 Kreuzer

1730 Hamburg (German State) Thaler

1939 Tunisia 5 Francs Essai

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty coins all. My eyes favor the Tunisia piece most. Congrats!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Both of the German States pieces are very nice.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1730 Hamburg (German State) Thaler has super eye appeal as do the others.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both of the German pieces, especially the Hamburg.

Are those TrueView or Secure Plus pictures?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I really like both German pieces. Do you have a translation for the 1698? I can't make heads or tails of all of the abbreviations.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Hamburg Taler totally rocks on multiple counts Paul..what a great newp indeed! image

You left out the grades intentionally so we should gtg?

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic coins, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone.

Rob - The pics are ones PCGS has taken for Coinfacts. Seems like Trueview quality to me. Why were you up at 2:16 am?

Nicholas - I don't have an exact translation. The coin's subject is the death of Johann Gottfried Freiherr von Guttenberg (Johann Gottfried II), who was the Prince-Bishop of Wurzburg. It roughly says he was born in 1645, elected Prince-Bishop in 1684, and died in 1698.

Marc - Feel free to guess, or you could always track down the grades from the cert numbers in the image links. Even though I collect higher grade material, I don't get too hung up on the numbers our host assigns.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful additions. I look forward to seeing the rest of the goodies you have picked up.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty coins all. My eyes favor the Tunisia piece most. Congrats! >>

Mine too, I love these ex French colonies' coins and banknotes. They're ALL wonderful coins Paul.

Not sure if you're still working on Geo V farthings, but if you are, then you might be interested in this 1925 1/4d PCGS MS65RD. Before that coin was slabbed, my own PCGS MS64+RD was a top pop 1/0. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc - Feel free to guess, or you could always track down the grades from the cert numbers in the image links. Even though I collect higher grade material, I don't get too hung up on the numbers our host assigns.

you bet you collect high grades - super grades - they are remarkable no matter the numeric number image