Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need a good honest coin dealer.....

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
In or near Burke, Virginia. Please do not PM me, I need this to be public.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Capitol Coin in DC
    Tough parking, check in at the lobby and take the elevator up

The Mint is in DC for those interested in new releases.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880
    If you are near Woodbridge, call Angel Dees. Andy is a very honest man.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are at least a dozen good, honest, reputable coin dealers within an hour or so driving distance of your area, including Julian Leidman and The Reeded Edge, who post here, other national dealers like Dave Kahn, Wayne Herndon and Andy Skrabalak, as well as many others. I am close personal friends with Cameo Coins in Vienna Va, and I think the world of their owner, John Sullivan. Dave Kahn is also a friend and is as sharp as anyone I've ever met. On the dark side, Ed Waddell and Andy Singer are both reputable and honest. There are other, smaller, good dealers and a few I would refrain from recommending. But I'm not sure why you need this to be public and not private.

Tom

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, why does it need to be public?
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    BroweBrowe Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what you enjoy collecting, but I've gotten some very quality wheats from both Wayne Herndon in fairfax, and Angel Dees in Woodbridge. Very professional, and deal with an array of options for depending on your price points.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks folks! I need it to be public so if there is any controversy about a specific dealer we will know it. In the past I have received some bad info privately...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks folks! I need it to be public so if there is any controversy about a specific dealer we will know it. In the past I have received some bad info privately...
    Thanks! >>

Sounds fair to me image

Erik
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oxymoron . . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oxymoron . . image >>

I was wondering how long that thead title would last before turning into "Dealer Bashing".

Took longer than I expected! image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard Virgina was for lovers... Not good honest coin dealers imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest with you. I live in Nebraska.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne Herndon's reputation is great, it's just that I've ever had any coin deals with him/them. Sorry WH!

I haven't done a purchase from any of the others either and don't know their names.

I was more on the MD side, but my largest dealer was obviously the US Mint. image Likewise, I could also recommend forum member Julian Liedman's shop in Silver Spring, MD. Though I've done only supply buys and a submission with him.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Baltimore show is coming up next month and there will be plenty of good, honest dealers in attendance. There will be some that I wouldn't be so happy to deal with, also, but you will have a great opportunity to meet with some terrific folks who might not actually be from the target area.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe David Lawrence is in Virginia though I don't know how close they are to your location of interest
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Wayne Herndon has the coins you are looking for, I found him to be very fair. I have purchased three or four coins from him over the years. I have not bought anything from Angel Dees, though I have looked at his inventory on a number of occasions. He has some nice coins, but I find his prices to be on the high side for what I collect.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    If I ever find one i'll let you know. image

Jokes aside one of the best in the country is around a few klicks on the beltway (exit 30b) in silver spring md. Julian leidman
    Link
  • Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also recommend Wayne Herndon. I've known Wayne for many years and seen his operation grow leaps and bounds. He is also a member here but does not post much anymore.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    21 DEALERS IN VIRGINIA on our site....give me a zip code and I will give you a list withing 50 miles

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    DLRC. Ask for Jason.

ERic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file