Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Value of Kennedy Half Dollars

A friend of mine gave me a large jar filled with Kennedy Half Dollar coins in order to find out what they might be worth. The coins are all dated from 1971 through 1979 and were all taken out of circulation. My impression is that the coins are essentially worth face value. Am I correct if I inform him of this opinion? Thanks, in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir, you are correct.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    50 cents each or 2 for a dollar.
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    ricardounoricardouno Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.........sounds like a jar of jukebox Kennedys
    face value

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭
    Unless the 74D's are doubled Die...then....well the odds are against it. BIG TIME
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless the 74D's are doubled Die...then....well the odds are against it. BIG TIME >>

There are other varieties.

If they are plain business strike half dollars in circulated condition they are worth a half dollar each.

You might look up variety sites and return the coins with some links.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    look for these as they have some value

1971-D DDO FS-101 MS 1971-D DDO FS-102 1972 DDO FS-101 1973-D DDO FS-101 (FS-014.8) 1974-D DDO FS-101 (FS-015) 1977-D DDO FS-101
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many such 'collections' around. People accumulated them for quite a while.... now they sit in jars, boxes and sock drawers.... a few have some numismatic value, but nothing that will encourage retirement (money-wise).... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file