Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tampering?

I bought this card recently and it arrived today. I'm not an expert on PSA slabs and tampering/frosting, but this one makes me nervous. I'm looking for opinions on whether this was potentially tampered with.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    no tampering. nice Yaz. enjoy it. image
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me.
  • Options
    Yep--normal. If it is tampered, you'll really see it. Isolated frosting happens.

EDIT: Nice card, BTW!
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Your serious? A $20 card...no way.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Your serious? A $20 card...no way

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    looks like a 9 to me...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>Your serious? A $20 card...no way

My thoughts exactly >>

Stranger things have happened. Manufactured fake rack packs where the biggest star showing is Dickie Thon. I'm a newbie to the grading game. Had to ask.
  • Options

<< <i>looks like a 9 to me... >>

Nah. The centering is incredible, but there's snow in the top right. Thanks for the reassurances fellas.
  • Options
    I think the process to "sonically" seal the cards can be a little rough on the holder. We've all received cards back straight from PSA that have slight imperfections in the case. Although, one time I received a batch of around 50 cards back where the bottoms of the holders looked brownish. The cards were placed in plastic bags before they were put in the holders. Some had strands of plastic coming out from the bottom of the holder. I believe sonically sealing them involves vibrations instead of heat but these looked burnt. Anyways, PSA happily agreed to replace the holders and they looked perfect when I got them back. PSA support was very helpful.
  • Options
    mbz430embz430e Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Dan,
    The Yaz looks legit! No worries.
    JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....