Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Muggyman Succeeded at the Vintage Unopened Packs Market

Did he end up in jail or did he skate from all of that ? I recall burnin him here on his ugly face and called him out on his stuff, but of course people like LMM and others stuck up for the packs so I got banned for 'reality'. BBCE admitted that guy got them too. Anyone have info on how much unopened pack stuff was faked and got through ?

I had to go away for a year so asking again now image

Comments

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I missed that whole thing....have wondered for quite some time why there were not posts from Muggyman. What happened??
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    pm me. would love to know what you know
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    I recall his videos in Youtube. I suppose he made his point if this is about sending packs in for grading.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, Muggyman had nothing to do with the creation of the packs. You're thinking of Jose.
  • Options
    Youtube. Loved it ! If you see it being opened from a larger box, it must be real !! The man actually pulled that stuff off - case in point above. '
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Someone is skating on thin ice and may find themselves banned again. We can only hope.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i totally get the avatar!
  • Options
    Guys, just be very very careful on what you buy. Live by it. Trust nothing. Sorry to be Debbie Downer. I mean no harm YankeeNo7. This place is NOT the place to blindly trust.
  • Options
    MrKnowthanxMrKnowthanx Posts: 322 ✭✭
    I thought the greatest thread I had ever seen was Muggy's thread on packs. It was amazing, but mainly for the packs that people other than him put up. If anyone has an info on him being fake I'd love to hear about it. In my dealing with him, he was a nice dude and very informative. Pm if you think what you post will get u banned.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> If anyone has an info on him being fake I'd love to hear about it. In my dealing with him, he was a nice dude and very informative. Pm if you think what you post will get u banned. >>

Don't listen to anything this fool throttle has to say. He is literally on about his 20th user id here. His other id he is using at the moment is Thenugent. That's the one he is using to play"nice' right now and Throttle is the one he using to stir up stuff. His whole mo is to try make others that intimidate him, look bad for whatever reasons. Sounds to me like he needs a blanky and a pacifier.
  • Options

<< <i>Guys, just be very very careful on what you buy. Live by it. Trust nothing. Sorry to be Debbie Downer. I mean no harm YankeeNo7. This place is NOT the place to blindly trust. >>

LMAO! Coming from the guy that has to hide behind alts to make his points. So what are you actually hiding Thenugent?. I'll say it again. Why do you need so many alts?
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys, just be very very careful on what you buy. Live by it. Trust nothing. Sorry to be Debbie Downer. I mean no harm YankeeNo7. This place is NOT the place to blindly trust. >>

It's quite obvious that you are the blind one. Why did you bring Lawnmowerman into the discussion? He doesnt even collect unopened and quite sure he never would have had a need to stick up for Muggyman's product. Stop making trouble and go back to the rock you crawled out from.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have interest in summarizing what this thread is all about or PM me? Just can't stand scumbags that lie, cheat, and steal from others for their own selfish gain...expose these losers...will never understand people like this.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> If anyone has an info on him being fake I'd love to hear about it. In my dealing with him, he was a nice dude and very informative. Pm if you think what you post will get u banned. >>

Don't listen to anything this fool throttle has to say. He is literally on about his 20th user id here. His other id he is using at the moment is Thenugent. That's the one he is using to play"nice' right now and Throttle is the one he using to stir up stuff. His whole mo is to try make others that intimidate him, look bad for whatever reasons. Sounds to me like he needs a blanky and a pacifier. >>

you have said something like that before why am I involved in this ? check your ip addresses or something Am pretty sure you can trace back ip's to locations. keep me out of this.
  • Options
    Inb4 the lock.
  • Options

<< <i>

It's quite obvious that you are the blind one. Why did you bring Lawnmowerman into the discussion? He doesnt even collect unopened and quite sure he never would have had a need to stick up for Muggyman's product. Stop making trouble and go back to the rock you crawled out from. >>

+1,000! Throttle aka bunt, it's because of you and people like you that my kids are cropped out of all the Cooperstown photos I posted. Truth. There was no need to bring LMM into this thread, except to stir sh!t up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't listen to anything this fool throttle has to say. He is literally on about his 20th user id here. His other id he is using at the moment is Thenugent. That's the one he is using to play"nice' right now and Throttle is the one he using to stir up stuff. His whole mo is to try make others that intimidate him, look bad for whatever reasons. Sounds to me like he needs a blanky and a pacifier. >>

you have said something like that before why am I involved in this ? check your ip addresses or something Am pretty sure you can trace back ip's to locations. keep me out of this. >>

You should just stop now Throttle, bunt, Thenugent, chouser, kshorton to name a few. If there is any post that ties your Thenugent alt to all your others , it's this one. Not to mention your kshorton sigline and love of nascar along with arizona sports team just as bunt stated many times on the sports talk forum.

Taken from a kshorton thread you made back in 08. Big fan of Nugent ehh?

link

<< <i>So do the Steve Vai cards from 2008 Football hereos. I will pay 100 bucks for any single card of the /10 platinum Vai cards anybody runs across.

I am a loser poster here yes, I understand that.. complete loser grime slug....... but I will pay 100 bucks for the Vai platinum cards..
    seeking #'s 1-8. kshorton@cox.net

anybody know if Eddie Van Halen and Ted Nugent cards are really coming in series 2 ?

"The Ayatollah ... of Rock nnnnn RolllaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHH" (name that movie) >>

• Options
    This guy is so transparent it's crazy. Just wondering how long the mod is going to take to ban him and the rest of his alts??
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Quick historical summary:

It was Jose (starpax) who was manufacturing packs with stars on top ( as he admitted on net 54) not David (muggy).

However, it was David who was one of the first who found out about it, and rather than work with the group to help
    nail the perpetrator he instead chose to immediately sell all of his holdings as fast as he could through an ebay consignment
    entity. He covered himself and had no cares at all about anyone else who might get hurt by his actions.

That's the facts.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Quick historical summary:

It was Jose (starpax) who was manufacturing packs with stars on top ( as he admitted on net 54) not David (muggy).

However, it was David who was one of the first who found out about it, and rather than work with the group to help
    nail the perpetrator he instead chose to immediately sell all of his holdings as fast as he could through an ebay consignment
    entity. He covered himself and had no cares at all about anyone else who might get hurt by his actions.

That's the facts. >>

So he is just as guilty of fraud as the perpetrator himself if I am reading this correctly. Knowingly selling fraudulent material is a crime last time I checked.

No dog in this fight at all....but it does seem as though the original poster does have a point if what you have mentioned is true.

I see Jose is still selling cello packs on ebay as well....even some graded packs. Are these still being graded, or is this his old stash? Anybody?
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't on the board at the time but I've seen Muggymans videos on YouTube and dude is such an addict he literally gets the shakes and sweats while he is tearing through stuff.

I hate people having that gambling mentality in connection with this hobby. It's one of the things that has helped bring on the decline of collecting sportscards.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sportscards are in a decline? I'd respectfully submit that we are seeing incredibly strong demand and prices across the board, from high to mid grade, from the hobby's standard bearer cards to new niches like unopened. And I meet so many new collectors every week through the hobby, virtually all of whom are well educated, successful/gainfully employed, and excited and passionate about getting into the hobby. Guess it's all a question of different vantage points and the company one cultivates and keeps.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

That's the facts. >>

That was my understanding as well, and that a few others found out about the scam and quickly dumped their bogus packs too.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the comment was referring to collecting new product. I have no interest in anything post-1980, and the nature of new product is a big reason why.

So the vintage hobby is healthy, yes.
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sportscards are in a decline? I'd respectfully submit that we are seeing incredibly strong demand and prices across the board, from high to mid grade, from the hobby's standard bearer cards to new niches like unopened. And I meet so many new collectors every week through the hobby, virtually all of whom are well educated, successful/gainfully employed, and excited and passionate about getting into the hobby. Guess it's all a question of different vantage points and the company one cultivates and keeps. >>

I don't collect or even care to think about value much. *shrug*

I think a healthy market is one where a kid can buy a few packs of cards with his allowance or chore money and pull some of his favorite players.

That market right now is quite small. As Paul Maul points out, it's a turn off to some adults and kids are pushed pretty far out of the picture.
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't collect or even care to think about value much. *shrug*

I think a healthy market is one where a kid can buy a few packs of cards with his allowance or chore money and pull some of his favorite players.

That market right now is quite small. As Paul Maul points out, it's a turn off to some adults and kids are pushed pretty far out of the picture. >>

Market refers to the trade or traffic of a commodity, not the population involved. The population that collects sports cards has indeed decreased since the 90s but, as Matty stated, there is plenty of new blood that is entering or returning to the hobby. The actual market for this industry is obviously performing very well at the moment, there's no denying that.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there another example of a collectibles market that had a strong run and eventually died? I'm not talking about fads like Beanie Babies but one that had a robust 25+ year cycle. For baseball cards, I think the market will be stable for quite a ways into the future since there are still thirty somethings who collected as kids in the early 90s and will continue to migrate back to the hobby for several more decades.
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

That's the facts. >>

Thanks for clearing things up. Knew about starpax but had no idea what muggyman did
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there another example of a collectibles market that had a strong run and eventually died? I'm not talking about fads like Beanie Babies but one that had a robust 25+ year cycle. For baseball cards, I think the market will be stable for quite a ways into the future since there are still thirty somethings who collected as kids in the early 90s and will continue to migrate back to the hobby for several more decades. >>

From what I have heard, stamp collecting would be a good example, but maybe some stamp collectors could confirm/deny.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there another example of a collectibles market that had a strong run and eventually died? I'm not talking about fads like Beanie Babies but one that had a robust 25+ year cycle. For baseball cards, I think the market will be stable for quite a ways into the future since there are still thirty somethings who collected as kids in the early 90s and will continue to migrate back to the hobby for several more decades. >>

Pogs?
    James
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Pogs?
    James >>

Were pogs a mainstream hobby for decades? I would consider that a fad but maybe I'm wrong. Stamps may be a good example but I think they're still popular collectibles. I could be wrong though. How much is the inverted Jenny worth these days and is it less than 10-20-30 years ago?
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Were pogs a mainstream hobby for decades? I would consider that a fad but maybe I'm wrong. Stamps may be a good example but I think they're still popular collectibles. I could be wrong though. How much is the inverted Jenny worth these days and is it less than 10-20-30 years ago? >>

My dad collects/collected stamps. From my understanding, the hobby has suffered a major decline over the past two decades. I think the price of quality items remain strong and will always remain strong, but the largest base of stamp collectors have long since left the hobby. If I am off base someone please correct me.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

From what I have heard, stamp collecting would be a good example, but maybe some stamp collectors could confirm/deny. >>

I think stamp collecting is thriving thanks to Ebay and the internet. Take a look on Ebay for lots, collections, specific catalog #s, albums, etc. and you will see lots of bids. There's always the dumb seller that overprices their stuff but that's true with any hobby.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    On thing going strong I know nothing about is MTG (magic the gathering). I do know dealers grossing 20-30K during these big expo weekends.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

From what I have heard, stamp collecting would be a good example, but maybe some stamp collectors could confirm/deny. >>

I believe both stamp collectors and train collectors are an aging group w/ declining numbers. Folks still collect but neither are as popular as they once were. Comic books have had several strong runs and dips suffering similar issues like overproduction or gimmicks/variants like ball cards did in the late '80s-'90s. Currently, I feel the comic and ball card markets are quite strong.

I thinks all forms of collectibles have cycles. Some may never come back while others will come back stronger than before.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Currently, I feel the comic and ball card markets are quite strong. >>

Agreed... and I think it's no coincidence that the underlying theme of those two things are extremely popular right now (sports and superhero movies/shows). Which is probably the key to longevity... being based upon or having a theme of something that is popular in our culture. Stamps and trains are interesting, because they're two things that aren't nearly as popular and in the case of stamps, may not even be around much longer.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Muggyman seemed strange to say the least. Finds out about bogus packs and turns around and sells them. He's done in my book. Total crap reputation in cards from this day forward.