Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Heritage Auction Emails

A few weeks ago I signed up as a bidder with Heritage Auctions. This was an auction that had several unopened boxes. I received a few emails about the auction with various notifications which was fine. After the auction ended I kept getting emails about other auctions. I unsubscribed from the emails and changed my notifications so I wouldn't get more emails. I still continued to get the emails. I have unsubscribed 6 or 7 times. I just received another email. Has anyone else had this problem? With this last email, I responded telling them to remove me from their email list. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. Why have an unsubscribe link in the emails if it does not do any good? I could understand if this were a spammer phishing for active email addresses but this is supposed to be a reputable business.
James

Comments

• Options
    swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A few weeks ago I signed up as a bidder with Heritage Auctions. This was an auction that had several unopened boxes. I received a few emails about the auction with various notifications which was fine. After the auction ended I kept getting emails about other auctions. I unsubscribed from the emails and changed my notifications so I wouldn't get more emails. I still continued to get the emails. I have unsubscribed 6 or 7 times. I just received another email. Has anyone else had this problem? With this last email, I responded telling them to remove me from their email list. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. Why have an unsubscribe link in the emails if it does not do any good? I could understand if this were a spammer phishing for active email addresses but this is supposed to be a reputable business.
    James >>

I just checked your email selections, and you are properly unsubscribed from everything except bid confirmations and outbid notices, which I assume you still want. When you unsubscribe from our emails, it can take some time to for the emails to completely stop (usually until the next business day) because of the way the data works. This has largely to do with how and when we build databases for our individual emails, which, unfortunately, is not a dynamic process. Thankfully, everything should have cleared itself up by now.

Please let me know immediately if you receive any further unwanted emails, and I will make sure that everything is taken care of.
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They seem to have a lot of problems. And shill bidders. >>

I wouldn't put much stock into either of these links. 21 BBB complaints in three years is extremely low for an auction house that sells tens of thousands of items each year, and a plaintiff can allege anything they wish in a lawsuit.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that shill bidding lawsuit was a joke... a former employee/consultant who owed HA over $1 million. The shill account represented a branch of HA that acted as a dealer... no problem there.