Home Precious Metals

A bit of China-US bickering?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
....or could it be more?

Text

<< <i>Reuters) - China has told its state-owned enterprises to sever links with American consulting firms just days after the United States charged five Chinese military officers with hacking U.S. companies, the Financial Times reported on Sunday. >>

<< <i> It also banned new central government computers from using Windows 8, Microsoft Corp's latest operating system. >>

Probably not a bad move!

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since we import far more than we export to China expanding the trade war will be good for US workers.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>since we import far more than we export to China expanding the trade war will be good for US workers. >>

Be nice if we could start making some clothing here again. That Asian stuff is scratchy.
  • If we stop importing from China they stop buying our treasury bonds. Since debt is like crack to the US government they will never allow that to happen.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If we stop importing from China they stop buying our treasury bonds. Since debt is like crack to the US government they will never allow that to happen. >>

Not to worry, IMF is already picking up the slack.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If we stop importing from China they stop buying our treasury bonds. Since debt is like crack to the US government they will never allow that to happen. >>

And, if we stop importing Chinese products there will be mass unemployment in China resulting in social unrest and riots.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

And, if we stop importing Chinese products there will be mass unemployment in China resulting in social unrest and riots. >>

During the economic downturn in the US in 2008-9 there were thousands of cancelled supply contracts that the result of was just that. Unlike in the USA with laws that protect workers - in China the companies just locked the workers out without any notification. And there was a lot of social unrest that the government had to quickly quell.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always political bickering.... however, China does not want us to get too upset and just cancel the debt we owe them. At least not until they finish building their military......... Cheers, RickO
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

And, if we stop importing Chinese products there will be mass unemployment in China resulting in social unrest and riots. >>

During the economic downturn in the US in 2008-9 there were thousands of cancelled supply contracts that the result of was just that. Unlike in the USA with laws that protect workers - in China the companies just locked the workers out without any notification. And there was a lot of social unrest that the government had to quickly quell. >>

They have no problem rolling the tanks if need be.