Home Precious Metals

Silver's future?

13»

Comments

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$12-22 trillion is a pretty wide range and I think we could all benefit from how that is being calculated. >>

It is a fairly wide range. It has to be so because the banks and FED didn't exactly come clean on what really went down. It's not like they keep their "balance sheets" like a Subway store.

Thing is though, that $12-$22 TRILL is a LOT bigger than the numbers most people around here toss about for the "economic cost" of the financial crisis (ie $450 BILL due to TARP or $1.2-$1.8 TRILL on the max of the FED loans). That's why I searched for a range of estimates. I found nothing smaller than $12 TRILL. If you can find a smaller cost please post it. Reality is more important than otc big bank bookkeeping (BBB). I posted the sources earlier on where those came from. One was from the Govt's GAO. So give them a call on the details if you don't believe it. They have a 300+ page report to sum it up that is linked in one of the articles. It's not a very rosy picture either.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

To update. Silver better hold 18 otherwise its 14 by end of year. >>

So here we are, right at the primary uptrend line around 14-15. Stupid charts. So now what?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Prolly right where the pointed arrow is at start of 2016...
    keceph `anah
    edited June 7, 2020 9:43AM

@cohodk said:
    << (Image)

To update. Silver better hold 18 otherwise its 14 by end of year. >>

So here we are, right at the primary uptrend line around 14-15. Stupid charts. So now what?

Dang, it did hit $15 by the end of 2015.

Lots of words from toadrunner....about nothing.

<

p>

This sure does look to be true.

<

p>

I sure hope im not disappointed with the latter half of this comment. Derrydoom would never hear the end of the mockery if silver still hasnt returned to highs after 15 years.

Lots of good reasoned and logical comment from Baley also. Did he go AWOL again?

And derryb saying to continue holding silver at $19+. No talk of using volatility to trade it. Six years now...same price.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Derrydoom is gonna keep on profiting from the volatility of silver regardless of where its price point is at any given time. Not really surprised that you missed and continue to miss the boat on this moneymaker.

Regardless of price in 15 years, my stack will have continued to grow from the volatility profits. Increased size of no-cost stack will provide greater profit regardless of sale price. Let compounding from volatility be your friend.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@derryb said:
    Derrydoom is gonna keep on profiting from the volatility of silver regardless of where its price point is at any given time. Not really surprised that you missed and continue to miss the boat on this moneymaker.

Regardless of price in 15 years, my stack will have continued to grow from the volatility profits. Increased size of no-cost stack will provide greater profit regardless of sale price. Let compounding from volatility be your friend.

Apparently you missed it to since you told us to continue to hold it at $19 in 2014. And you, only you, can have a "no-cost stack". Taxmad must be your accountant.

edited June 7, 2020 10:39AM

@cohodk said:

Apparently you missed it to since you told us to continue to hold it at $19 in 2014. And you, only you, can have a "no-cost stack". Taxmad must be your accountant.

Again, you twist the words. I advocated not liquidating the stack at $19 in 2014. I am always a proponent of taking SOME profits off the table when they are available in order to stack cash for the next decline in silver. My price point for profit will differ from that of others unless we all bought at the same price.

Again you fail to see the concept of buy low, sell higher. You assume one is losing with silver because you are stuck in that buy and hold gutter. My 'bought with profits' stack says you need to be woke.

Based on his posts, it looks like Taxmad gets what you fail to comprehend.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

The real price of phyz silver is probably $20-22. That's a hold pattern for me. But I suppose if you are able to use the paper price of $17.50 & convince people to sell at that price & take possession with little risk then that would be A Plan.
    A couple years ago, boxes of eagles were available for $2-2.25 over & spot was iirc moving between $14-16. That was buytime. I just had a BM tell me he had to pay $30 for 2020 ASE because he needs to have them. Or he'd loose customers. Maybe the mint has created another rarity.

Have a nice day
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Future? Holding silver is like when your high school history teacher said you better get your shittee together and go to college or you'll be working at McPuke the rest of your life. Accept reality and secede or believe in conspiracies and stay stuck in the gutter.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

edited June 8, 2020 6:41AM

The gutter is very rewarding for those that know how to navigate it, even without a degree.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2020 10:16AM

@cohodk said:
    Most people look backwards when looking at charts. I prefer to look forward.

Any thoughts?

(Image)

My thought on that is: it is practically "useless".

(markets can remain irrational for far longer than you can remain solvent).

• GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    The gutter is very rewarding for those that know how to navigate it, even without a degree.

I'm stealing this

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2020 6:06PM

@derryb said:

You better have a flashlight, otherwise you'd get lost. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

The market is open and fluid while liquidity remains. The future looks expensive, in some form or fashion. The premium to spot got a lot higher.

HE>I

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people look backwards when looking at charts. I prefer to look forward.
    Any thoughts?

There's some value in observing a regression line. Take for instance, money supply. Or national debt. It's not rocket science.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020 5:21AM

When everyone complains about how heavy silver is and how it takes up too much space. That tells you how cheap silver is right now.
    I still own almost all of the silver that I didn't sell when it hit $50 an ounce. I screwed up, I missed the boat.
    Heck $35 an ounce was the normal I remember.
    I LOVE gold! Silver is a sleeper right now.imo

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the electric vehicle universe might use some in computing their commuting, as the future goes.

HE>I

It will follow gold:

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver's future is definitely looking very bright and shiney!!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

The US economy will snap back to the positive quick and fast at some point in 2020. A lot of wound up economy energy/ money sitting on the side lines.
    Silver will benefit.

@fivecents said:
    When everyone complains about how heavy silver is and how it takes up too much space. That tells you how cheap silver is right now.
    I still own almost all of the silver that I didn't sell when it hit $50 an ounce. I screwed up, I missed the boat.

So what would be your target price and time frame for silver?

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

You first. Let's see you stand up for once and have your own opinion, prediction smart guy.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

$51.50, January 19, 2034.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

You first. Let's see you stand up for once and have your own opinion, prediction smart guy.

Well, i dod statt the thread so maybe you can gleen some insight.

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

So you have zero opinion / guess? Got it, no surprise here.
    Okay then.
    I'll go with Bailey's prediction on silver then.

Now gold, I see gold going up like a mug within 2 Months or sooner. Even a few of the stock market gurus are starting to jump on the gold band wagon.
    Maybe Gold . silver and the stock market will all rise at the same time this go round. Anything is possible in this enviroment.

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

@cohodk said:

@fivecents said:

So you have zero opinion / guess? Got it, no surprise here.
    Okay then.

>

Why dont you start at the beginning of the thread and read through. You just might learn something. And pay attention to the date stamp of the comments. ;)

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2020 1:42PM

I’m an optimist so with that said I see more room for silver to go up than down.

Good die 😊

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.