Home Precious Metals
Options

Does anyone believe these will appreciate enough..

to make a purchase worthwhile. 2012 Silver Eagles - SF Mint (20-Coin MintDirect® Tube). Take care. jws

Comments

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    No.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Well I reckon that, "no", leads me to another question. Is there such a thing as a Silver Eagle collector base, and what years, mint marks, are they collecting and why? Silver is bullion to me, I did, not to long ago, buy a roll of the cheapest Apmex had. Take care. jws
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Imo, no. They make too many of them. The silver that has a more collector base would be your kookaburra's, libertad's, brittania's, ect.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Just bullion
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a silver eagle collector base for the 'regular' uncirculated version. Dansco makes a nice album for them even though the coins tone in them. Every once in a while someone will ask for an earlier date they missed. There is also a group that pays a big premium for MS70 slabbed ones each year.
    The mint hurt the collector base for the proof versions when they skipped the 2009 due to a lack of planchets.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very big ASE collector base, probably the largest in bullion coins. I bailed on them when the ase spotting issue surfaced. A quick look at the pop reports will show the graded money coins. The burnished versions (since 2006) are quite popular.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    to me silver is silver. Derry I could never understand why people pay big bucks for 70s when its nothing more then an ounce of silver. I stack whatever is cheaper most of the time but I have become a fan of the maples. The question is will 50 + years from now people question why people graded and paid big bucks for 1oz of silver? I think so. Why spend 100.00 + on a single silver 70 eagle when you can buy 4 for that price? Also why doesn't the mint make more then just the eagles? I have started stacking all types of silver from Canada and enjoy some of the designs (wildlife and such) I think if the US did that it would be a huge deal. Instead of state park quarters why not 1oz rounds?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>to me silver is silver. Derry I could never understand why people pay big bucks for 70s when its nothing more then an ounce of silver. I stack whatever is cheaper most of the time but I have become a fan of the maples. The question is will 50 + years from now people question why people graded and paid big bucks for 1oz of silver? I think so. Why spend 100.00 + on a single silver 70 eagle when you can buy 4 for that price? Also why doesn't the mint make more then just the eagles? I have started stacking all types of silver from Canada and enjoy some of the designs (wildlife and such) I think if the US did that it would be a huge deal. Instead of state park quarters why not 1oz rounds? >>

After reading your post ... Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    No!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more