Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Help 1916 MPL

This is going to be a bit of a weird story but I need a little help.

The last 5 years of my life have been insane. From being on top of the world collecting some amazing stuff to hitting rock bottom and selling some amazing stuff. I am now "taking stock" of my life as I have some more very challenging times ahead of me. I once owned 2 1916 MPL's. One I purchased from heritage and sold to The Reeded Edge a PR65BN colorful coin. The other I purchased on this board from a MPL guy. I tried to get it graded a few times and it came back Genuine each time due to color... Well, I do not know where the coin is. I thought I consigned it to Stacks before they merged with Bowers but i cannot find a listing for it. I then thought I remember cracking it out of a PCGS genuine holder and wrapping it in paper and sticking it somewhere. So, I have scoured Heritage with no luck but I do not have good access to the old Stacks auctions... I am wondering if anyone has any links to any 1916 MPL's auctioned by Stacks that were in a Genuine holder... Or even more insane does anyone remember buying the coin from me?

John Lofton

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi John,

Is this the 1916 you are talking about.

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Is that coin in a Genuine holder? What a beauty.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Rob.. Yes that is the MPL. I sent it in twice and it bagged twice. I paid strong money for it. I remember one night after getting it back from PCGS cracking it and wrapping it in a coin wrapper and, I thought, putting it inside a coin auction catalog. However, I do know that I consigned the coin once but ended up not happy with the bidding and ended up buying it back...

Obviously, at this point I have moved from New Jersey and did not find the coin when I was packing up and have not found it while unpacking. I have found a few other coins that I had put away but still unsure on the where abouts of this coin. Did it sell? Anyone remember it crossing the auction block?

John
  • Options

Still missing

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Relaxn said:
    Still missing

Still haven't seen it John. Hopefully one day it will show up. It's pretty recognizable unless some one doctors it up.

• Options

Yes.. you know with everything I went through (self inflicted) I am surprised this is the only thing missing. I thought maybe I put it in with the BU lincoln rolls or wrapped it and put it ??? But still not anywhere... please just keep eyes peeled just in case...