Home Metal Detecting
Options

Finds of 2014

Great haul,all i can say was i have not been as successful this year as in the past, this is the result of about 4-5 hunts i have a total of
1 bent 1800s lantern top
1 lead fishing weight
3 rifle cartridges of different sizes
1 .22 rifle cartridge
5 shot gun shells all from paper ones
1 old mini lead sinker
1 40 cal pistol cartridge
1 piece of what almost looks like artillery shell shrapnel
10 pennies from 1960- 98
3 dimes 1965-2008
***** Best find of the year came yesterday when i found an applied top aqua beer bottle from 1890s*****

Well thats my finds for the year so far

i almost for got loads of junk also can pull tabs foil and 1800s stove leg lol can't win every time
Successful Sales on this forum to:erickso1

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    that's quite an eclectic haul of finds! Almost looks like you were going some woods hunting with quite a bit of hunting activity.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of hunting-related stuff!
    Better wear high visibility clothing so you don't get mistaken for a wild boar or something! image

Sounds like there's potential for older coins too. Good luck!
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a trashy area...... the good part may be that after the trash is cleared, some deeper signals will show and you will find some good stuff.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you have been detecting around an old one room school site. I find shells around the ones I hunt. I think they may have shot them up.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a trashy area...... the good part may be that after the trash is cleared, some deeper signals will show and you will find some good stuff.... Cheers, RickO >>

keep at it if you want, there might be some pretty awesome rewards there by the sound of it image