Home Metal Detecting
Options

April 30, 2014: 2 Canadian Silver 5¢ coins and 3 IHCs

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
Seems like it's been forever since I've gone out. Finally had a chance today to get out for an hour and a half. Got a new area. First few minutes were pretty void of any targets, so it wasn't looking good. After a half hour or so what looked like a bent flat button came out. Decided to stay in that area. Soon got a small silver disc. Was really hoping it was a seated half dime. Then, 10 minutes later another small silver disc. Could it have been two seated half dimes? Three Indian Head cents also came out.

Got home and started cleaning the silver... first one was an 1893 Canada 5 cent silver. Ok, that'll do, but let's get this 2nd one to be a Seated... Nope, also a Canadian 5 cent silver - 1888.

Would have loved some seated, but these silvers will do! Also got a gold plated ring. The IHCs are toast, but one date is 1880, can't see the others. HH all!

got a new phone so working on the focus. Will work on it!

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the finds!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    free silver is always cool. congrats on the finds
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Dug my first silver of the year on Monday. 1923 Merc.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I knew how to consistently find the old stuff like you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Feels good to get out whenever possible.

Dock, congrats on your first silver of the year! Good to get that out of the way.

<< <i>I wish I knew how to consistently find the old stuff like you. >>

Bayard, there's a lot of stuff still out there with some patience, going to the right locations, and knowing your detector. I'll send you a PM.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice silver... that area seems to be tough on copper, old farm? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Ricko, you nailed it. These coins have been used and abused for years by fertilizer. Guess a beat up IHC is better than a BU Zincoln though!