Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Start my new job May 19th! Post a Franklin!

He was an industrious dude!

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you, John!

I took a personal sabbatical to spend time with my son last year and help him out with his new school in the fall.
    Looked at some jobs that came my way but wasn't really interested or it wasn't a good fit....or both.
    Then, a friend sent someone my way and I found out (yeah, I really did find out...weird story) that I started working earlier this month.
    Officially on a payroll again.

Here's a Frankie for ya image

imageimage

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    A "more interesting" one for ya...
    (due to trying to capture the toning through the plastic, I had to turn the shot for the reverse a bit)

imageimage

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Good luck, Jcarney!

For Bochiman.....you stated some weren't right for you, or weren't the right fit for you. So, it begs the question, how the hell does somebody start a job without knowing about it? LOL Did someone from the 'not right' or not the right fit' places happen to give you one, and you really didn't know????? You just have to elaborate on how this happened!!
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations John!!! Good luck!!!

Some good looking Franklins in this thread...

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck with your new job!

• Options

<< <i>Good luck, Jcarney!

For Bochiman.....you stated some weren't right for you, or weren't the right fit for you. So, it begs the question, how the hell does somebody start a job without knowing about it? LOL Did someone from the 'not right' or not the right fit' places happen to give you one, and you really didn't know????? You just have to elaborate on how this happened!! >>

I was "not sure" image

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck on your new job... image

ABimage

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, enjoy the new job!

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John, Congrats on the New Job and Good Luck.....Enjoy image

<< <i>image >>

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck in the new venture Ron.... thought you were a 'lifer' at Boeing.... and best of luck in your new venture JCarney....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

very
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Good luck on the new job!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck!

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck on your new job and i like the 1949 s
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1959 50C DDR FS-801
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your new job! Coincidentally, I'm starting a new job this month after over 10 years with my company, gave notice today. Took a new picture tonight just for the occasion.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154
    Thanks all! Some beautiful Frankies in this thread. The new job is an easy 10 minute commute from home. What a luxury compared to the 2+ hour a day commute I've endured for the past 16 years.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks all! Some beautiful Frankies in this thread. >>

And then, there's mine!

It's my No Bell Lines Franklin. (It's also my pocket piece. Came right out of a proof set like 15 or 18 years ago, so I'm responsible for the post-mint wear, dings, scratches, blemishes...)

Here's are the plaques outside of this grave site at Christ Church. Which is right across the street from the Philly Mint, btw. You can see if from the windows on the tour. (If it hasn't changed since pre-9/11...)

Ben's highlights...

Congrats on the job, btw! We need all the taxpayers we can get! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file