Home U.S. Coin Forum

My overall Submission results aren't bad ...

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
Still Can't see the cleaning on the 72 DD

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the coin referred to in the chart? Just wondering since the cert numbers are different. Nice coin.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that the coin referred to in the chart? Just wondering since the cert numbers are different. Nice coin. >>

Cracked and resubmitted
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smittys, Did you try and remove the spots on the reverse after cracking out and resubmitting?
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that the coin referred to in the chart? Just wondering since the cert numbers are different. Nice coin. >>

Cracked and resubmitted >>

They (PCGS) just needed to throw a Genny in somewhere!
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice results. The 1972 looks good to me from the pic.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cleaned" doesn't always mean cleaned....... sometimes it just means "we're not comfortable grading it". I'm guessing they don't like the reverse spots.

Have any photos of the 38-D?
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, and tough to get a DM these days!
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like PCGS felt the coin was cleaned first time around, too. Hard to tell from the picture, but there must be something there that you are missing.

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like hairlines are present in the left obv field.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree AnkurJ... I see "something" there... On the reverse under the U in United it looks like hairlines there also.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree AnkurJ... I see "something" there... On the reverse under the U in United it looks like hairlines there also. >>

Also could be die polish marks. Tough to make a call from a pic, but the Lincoln don't looked cleaned to me.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some wiping hairlines hiding somewhere. Look under a tiny LED light or something. Could also be evidence of a spot removal that scarred the surface. The black spots on the back probably would have limited it to a 64RD, not that there'd be anything wrong with that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file