Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GROUP UNOPENED BID-TO-BREAK: STATUS UPDATE - ALL PACKS/BOXES SHIPPED BY BBCE - PLS POST YOUR RIP RES

Comments

• Options
    one 1977 vending from a sealed case. thanks
    Collecting Unopened Material 1975-1985 and Full World Series Tickets 1970-Present
  • Options
    Dave,
    Believe me, your doing an impressive great job ...keeping us informed, organizing everything bbce etc, and Still having time to PM me. and putting up with us. Ha
    Your work is def not going unnoticed.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    jgrigalijgrigali Posts: 364 ✭✭
    2 79 racks
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    2 1978 topps cello packs
    2 1979 topps rack packs
    2 1975 topps mini packs
    2 1952 topps high nbr packs

Thanks
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Sign me up for:

2 - 75 minis
    2 - 79 racks
    77 vending box from case

Thx
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    2 - 79 racks
    2 - 75 mini packs

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    1977 topps vending box from sealed case please. Thanks!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    '78 Topps BB cello x 2

Thanks.

Jason
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question (sorry if I missed a previous explanation) - is each 79 rack automatically BBCE shrink wrapped and labeled from a sealed case, only upon request or is this not an option?

Thank you! >>

At present it would need to be asked for individually, but I'll ask Steve if he can do that automatically for everyone.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Dave
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    2 - 1978 cello packs
    2 - 1979 rack packs
    Joel
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take the following if available.

1 - 1977 Topps BB Vending Box
    2 - 1979 Topps BB Rack pack
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck guys!

No football, so I "can't" participate image

Scott
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    I understand I'm somewhat new around here. But I did post in the original thread. I'd be in for:

1 - 1978 cello
    1 - 1979 rack pack
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I will put in for:

2 75 Mini packs
    1 79 rack pack
    2 78 cello packs

Matt
  • Options
    2x79 racks
    Tks
    Eric
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Holy freaking garbonzo beans. Can't a guy get busy for a week without something crazy happening?

2 each:

79 rack
    78 cello

Thanks Dave, this looks like a lot went into this.

-Darren
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    I have a question
    Does this effort make us a collective of collectors?
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    (2) 75 Topps Mini Packs
    (2) 78 Topps Cello Packs
    (2) 79 Topps Rack Packs

Thanks,

Scott
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    morning--guess I should have checked the boards last night.

if available--
    2 '79 racks
    1 '77 vending box
    2 '75 mimi packs
    2 '78 cellos
    1 '79 vending

And if we win this I WILL be impressed Dave!!

and if anyone drops out of the '77 sealed vending case I would like to be considered--ditto on the '76 vending box

good luck
  • Options
    I will take the following:

2 1979 Topps rack packs from a case.

Thank you,

Paul
  • Options
    Put me in for 2 79 Racks and 1 77 Vending box.

Thanks for doing this!!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    ill take 2 1979 topps rack packs from sealed case...thanks! -phillip
  • Options
    I would take 2 1978 cellos and 2 1979 racks, and 2 1975 minis. Thanks, Mark
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question
    Does this effort make us a collective of collectors? >>

Yes. Wait a minute, NO!!!! image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>2 1978 topps cello packs
    2 1979 topps rack packs
    2 1975 topps mini packs
    2 1952 topps high nbr packs

Thanks >>

I see what you did there. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd also like to post a request for one of the CpaMike 75 rack packs, too. >>

Hey now, let's not get carried away here. The price of those 1975 rack packs are now $500 each after seeing what you pulled from the last one.

Collecting:
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Dave - despite my earlier stated pessimism, I want to wish you guys the best of luck with this. The effort you have already put into this is remarkable.

I know you want to keep the maximum bid "strong but sane" but you should definitely consider getting a little insane with the bid to make this thing actually happen!

Nikklos
  • Options
    I'll take 2 - 78 cellos as well
    Thanks
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave, I'm sure you already thought of this but be sure to place an early bid on each of these items so you are eligible to bid after closing when the bidding really counts.
  • Options
    custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I'm in for 2X 1979 Racks

Great work organizing.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Maybe this is too much work...and I know we don't want to give hints to our max bid prices on any auction. But I was wondering if you could note the price of the last sold cases/box and break that down per pack so people can have an idea of the dollars they are committing to this effort? With the caveat that any successful bids will vary + or - from the last sale price and that the price doesn't include the 5% BBCE premium. Just a thought image
  • Options
    custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    1979 Rack Case:

Bid price * 1.195*1.05/144+6= price per rack w/o insurance

12,000 = $110.56 per rack w/o insurance
    15,000 = $136.70
    18,000 = $162.84

-updated from 17.5% to 19.5% BP
  • Options
    Couple of pieces of information:

1) The buyers premium at MLI is 19.5%. (not 17.5%)

2) Once the auction ends we'll make sure that the bids are disclosed, and try to share what went into coming up with those figures.

For now, our recommendation is to keep pricing discussions out of this thread (it is probably best kept in PMs between forum members
    so that potential competitors do not have the chance of gaining more pricing knowledge from our efforts).

Dave
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    77 vending box please
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'll grab 2 79 racks and 2 75 mini packs. Thanks!!

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    I would like:
    2 1978 cello packs
    2 1979 rack packs

Thanks so much for this!
  • Options
    70toppsfanatic et al.,
    Can we put in a maximum price for say a vending box we want? Although that may be more work for u to keep track of.
    Do I place it at the end of the want list or PM to you to keep it non-public.
    Ex,...2-1967 vending boxes. Max limit of $2100 per box
    If the bid is over my max, then it drops to the next member?

I absolutely do NOT want to know even a range of what you will be bidding. So I'll, and we'll, have to come up with a price per box you guys may be bidding. Then adjust our max accordingly.

In full disclosure, I say I don't want even a hint of any bids because I may be bidding on some of the lots. Prob not the ones I'm joining you guys in. although, those involved may help to speculate on what would be a fair price.

Thx again for all of ur hard work
  • Options

<< <i>70toppsfanatic et al.,
    Can we put in a maximum price for say a vending box we want? Although that may be more work for u to keep track of.

I absolutely do NOT want to know even a range of what you will be bidding. So I'll, and we'll, have to come up with a price per box you guys may be bidding. Then adjust our max accordingly.

In full disclosure, I say I don't want even a hint of any bids because I may be bidding on some of the lots. Prob not the ones I'm joining you guys in. although, those involved may help to speculate on what would be a fair price.

Thx again for all of ur hard work >>

Sorry, but it cant work that way. If people could set maximums and the bid prep team bids end up exceeding some of them then we'd potentially have a large auction invoice and not enough money to cover it.

The idea of getting knowledgeable and well respected mmebers on the bid prep team was to trust them. As stated at the top of the thread, if you are participating in this then you have agreed to accept the bid prep team's work on your behalf and are committed at the prices resulting from any of the bids which are successful.

You can be confident that a lot of thought went into coming up with the bids and there was not a win-at-any-price mentality. That being said, we did not come up with our bid figures simply to go through the motions and get everybody's hopes up. We are playing the game to win at levels that a trusted group of our members feel are reasonable in the current market.

Hope that addresses your concern. If not, please PM me.

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>70toppsfanatic et al.,

Thx again for all of ur hard work >>

Sorry, but it cant work that way. If people could set maximums and the bid prep team bids end up exceeding some of them then we'd potentially have a large auction invoice and not enough money to cover it.

The idea of getting knowledgeable and well respected mmebers on the bid prep team was to trust them. As stated at the top of the thread, if you are participating in this then you have agreed to accept the bid prep team's work on your behalf and are committed at the prices resulting from any of the bids which are successful.

You can be confident that a lot of thought went into coming up with the bids and there was not a win-at-any-price mentality. That being said, we did not come up with our bid figures simply to go through the motions and get everybody's hopes up. We are playing the game to win at levels that a trusted group of our members feel are reasonable in the current market.

Hope that addresses your concern. If not, please PM me. >>

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    wow I didn't see this thread yesterday but I will be in for any vending boxes won or a 1975 mini wax pack box and please also put me done for some packs also..so any vending boxes 76-79 and if someone doesn't want I will take there place thanks..also put me down for a few 1979 racks..ty again...terry
  • Options
    I hate to do this to everybody, but I'm going to have to pass my slot of a 77 vending from case down to the next person who requested it. I talked to Dave and he said that it would be ok, he just wanted me to post it so nobody thinks there is any funny business going on. Again sorry I had to back out.

Tim

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    ok just to make sure I did this right please put me down for
    2-1978 cello packs
    2-1975 mini wax packs
    2-1979 rack packs
    1-1979 vending box if available
    1-1977 vending box if available
    thanks again terry
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I'll take 2 78 cello packs.

thank you
    nick
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    Please remove my request for the vending box. If it is binding, then i will abide by it.

But in full disclosure I think I should excuse myself from participating in this group bid because I've decided to bid in this auction for my own collection.

So this auction has caught my interest as well as others for this quality unopened material. should be fun to watch.

I hope to win at least one, maybe 2-3 of the lots.
  • Options
    cirecscirecs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    (1) 1978 Topps cello pack
    (1) 1979 Topps rack pack
    thank you!
  • Options
    If Steelernation is giving up his 76 & 77 Vending boxes, I would gladly take them.

lmk, Mark
    MARK AGGSON
    Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
    Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And there it is, a board member who plans to bid against the group. It was bound to happen. >>

Yep, it's a free market and anyone has a right to bid and not collude against bidding. However, it seems like this is being done out of spite more than a genuine desire to own cases of 1970s cards.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    f Steelernation is giving up his 76 & 77 Vending boxes, I would gladly take them.

lmk, Mark

I think I have dibs on you