Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Amanda's Coin Show Chronicles: Central States, April 2014

Hello again, all!

I just finished my Chronicles, and wanted to share with everyone! Enjoy!

Amanda's Coin Show Chronicles: Central States, April 2014
Numismatist, Alhambra Coin Center

Life At The Coin Shop
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post!

This is too cool!

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great report Amanda! Thanks for sharing! And that 45 rpm is a hoot! I've seen it on eBay many times and thought about buying one.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report

How was traffic and sales?

I see labels. I see new green holograms. How are your new holos holding up?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Nice show report. The experience at the show itself is largely similar for everybody who was there from setup until Saturday. It's the extra curricular stuff after hours that differentiates it for everybody. Your nights on the road sure seem to beat mine.

With that said here's an observation that I've made regarding show reports that I need to vent that I hope doesn't offend anyone too much: It seems like forum show reports and the adult film industry share one common trait...the location and setting might change between different editions but it's the same 10 people you see almost every single time. It would be great if Charmy and Amanda bring in some new personalities into their show reports in the future.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I thought for sure I gave you a copy of that .45 record Rick, at one of the Tucson shows....if not , I have a stash of 2 or 3 left. Spotted them years ago and bought a dozen or so.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice show report. The experience at the show itself is largely similar for everybody who was there from setup until Saturday. It's the extra curricular stuff after hours that differentiates it for everybody. Your nights on the road sure seem to beat mine.

With that said here's an observation that I've made regarding show reports that I need to vent that I hope doesn't offend anyone too much: It seems like forum show reports and the adult film industry share one common trait...the location and setting might change between different editions but it's the same 10 people you see almost every single time. It would be great if Charmy and Amanda bring in some new personalities into their show reports in the future. >>

There are those of us who avoided photos !

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice show report. The experience at the show itself is largely similar for everybody who was there from setup until Saturday. It's the extra curricular stuff after hours that differentiates it for everybody. Your nights on the road sure seem to beat mine.

With that said here's an observation that I've made regarding show reports that I need to vent that I hope doesn't offend anyone too much: It seems like forum show reports and the adult film industry share one common trait...the location and setting might change between different editions but it's the same 10 people you see almost every single time. It would be great if Charmy and Amanda bring in some new personalities into their show reports in the future. >>

There are those of us who avoided photos ! >>

This! It's actually harder to get most people to pose for a picture than you would imagine! And I wouldn't feel right just sneaking one on the DL. image

As for the sales, it was a great show! Not much public, though (all wholesale) and those that were there were (at least at our table) mostly lookers.

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda is correct. About half the people I ask (including you Wei!!!) decline to have their photo taken, and I completely understand. So I find it easier to take photos of the people I know don't mind, and of course the people I hang out with, for obvious reasons. I try to get out on the floor and take photos of other dealers, but even more dealers than collectors prefer not to have their photo taken as well.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options

<< <i>Amanda is correct. About half the people I ask (including you Wei!!!) decline to have their photo taken, and I completely understand. So I find it easier to take photos of the people I know don't mind, and of course the people I hang out with, for obvious reasons. I try to get out on the floor and take photos of other dealers, but even more dealers than collectors prefer not to have their photo taken as well. >>

Some people come down with a severe case of Kardashian Syndrome. I choose to dodge the paparazzi. image
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    I'm pretty much the same way, believe it or not ... I'm always the photographer, never the photographed! I often have to resort to ONE selfie per show just to prove I was there! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Amanda is correct. About half the people I ask (including you Wei!!!) decline to have their photo taken... >>

Imagine how bashful he is at the aforementioned adult film festivals.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Amanda is correct. About half the people I ask (including you Wei!!!) decline to have their photo taken... >>

Imagine how bashful he is at the aforementioned adult film festivals. >>

Unfortunately that convention always conflicts with the January FUN show...image
  • Options
    That would be an interesting mix! Coins and "adult entertainment" at the same expo, haha!

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I'm always the photographer, never the photographed!>>

Everyone at the show must be REALLY into coins........or afraid their wives might review their digital camera. Someday I will be at a coin show and will take your picture, with coins or without. Loved your report.

OINK
  • Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your fun report. I had some good laughs, especially in that bullet point section.

A stunning group of coin photos, too. A couple of dups may have slipped in, but they held up well to a second viewing!
    Thanks for leaving the prices in - it adds another dimension of interest.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice report and pictures... Thanks Amanda, Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for sharing your fun report. I had some good laughs, especially in that bullet point section.

A stunning group of coin photos, too. A couple of dups may have slipped in, but they held up well to a second viewing!
    Thanks for leaving the prices in - it adds another dimension of interest. >>

Thank you!

I have a ton of fun at the shows, and I hope that comes through in my writing. image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice report image
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You "guys" are too hard core for me, eating raw oysters in Chicago!!! I only eat raw oysters when I know the person who caught them.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

<< <i>You "guys" are too hard core for me, eating raw oysters in Chicago!!! I only eat raw oysters when I know the person who caught them. >>

I had two of them, but I didn't order them -- I had the GIANT porkchop! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options

<< <i><< I'm always the photographer, never the photographed!>>

Everyone at the show must be REALLY into coins........or afraid their wives might review their digital camera. Someday I will be at a coin show and will take your picture, with coins or without. Loved your report.

OINK >>

I would really appreciate it, believe it or not! I was just told yesterday I should just hand my phone to someone and say "Take my picture! [strike a pose]}", but I'm not just not brave enough to do that!! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options

<< <i>

OINK >>

I would really appreciate it, believe it or not! I was just told yesterday I should just hand my phone to someone and say "Take my picture! [strike a pose]}", but I'm not just not brave enough to do that!! image >>

Ask Charmy how. She's a pro at that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

OINK >>

I would really appreciate it, believe it or not! I was just told yesterday I should just hand my phone to someone and say "Take my picture! [strike a pose]}", but I'm not just not brave enough to do that!! image >>

Ask Charmy how. She's a pro at that. >>

Charmy's got this coin show documentary thing down pat!

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file