Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Honest ebay seller, stupid ebay buyers .....

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
geeeeez................

Fake Error Coin

Comments

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - it hurts to see 26 bids on a
    coin that's described as man-made....
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not any worse then this 27 Bids = $158.50
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree - it hurts to see 26 bids on a
    coin that's described as man-made.... >>

i agree but wish that sometimes that it should be painful to be that way to wake some of us up like that. fwiw
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

i agree but wish that sometimes that it should be painful to be that way to wake some of us up like that. fwiw >>

what?
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok....agree the seller is being truthful.

But is it really ethical?

I mean, there's no reason to try to sell something that's worth exactly a nickel unless you THINK it will generate bids far in excess of a nickel. So I think he knows what he's doing.

Sure, the buyers are getting what they deserve...but I'm not sure it's ethical to for the seller to just smile, and take it from them. Kind of like selling magic beans.

Have to wonder if there might be some shilling going on as well....
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm left to wonder if this coin will be resold with perhaps a less truthful description...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm left to wonder if this coin will be resold with perhaps a less truthful description... >>

Why would anyone buy this to resell when they could produce one themselves in a matter of minutes for a cost of 5 cents?
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I mean, there's no reason to try to sell something that's worth exactly a nickel unless you THINK it will generate bids far in excess of a nickel. So I think he knows what he's doing. >>

When he listed the coin he thought it was an error. While the listing was running someone told him it wasn't so he changed the title. I don't think he knew what it was when first listed.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with that
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not any worse then this 27 Bids = $158.50 >>

That one looks like it circulated for a while after it was made. Or maybe used as a pocket piece.
  • Options
    mrkbrown87mrkbrown87 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    A fool shall be separated from his money given the opportunity.. sad sad sad!! I think the seller should have just pulled the listing.

Mark Brown

Hoard the keys
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

i agree but wish that sometimes that it should be painful to be that way to wake some of us up like that. fwiw >>

what? >>

Haha I said the same thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file